Meatball Sub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
N nlife I'm with you - love good Italian food, and a good meatball sub always fits the bill!

That recipe looks and sounds terrific - I'll have to save this one and give it a try!

Thanks for sharing it!

Red

No problem!

We had the marinara sauce with meatballs on pasta, but neither of us cared for it too much. Kinda tasted like tomato sauce on pasta. Now if you add in a few things to the sauce like
  • 3 large cloves garlic - minced
  • splash of balsamic vinegar
  • 1tsp of sugar
  • 1 TBSP + 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1.5 tsp coarse kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
Then I don't mind it on pasta with the meatballs. That changes the original recipe a bunch and I prefer to try things 'as is' before making changes. I haven't tried it yet, a small amount of anchovy paste in the sauce would likely add the savory kick that I'm looking for in a sauce.

The meatballs themselves are great. Surprisingly tender.

Reactions: seenred
Late to this. I love meatball subs. Yours look really good.
You son must be well prior to teen for only a half sandwich?
If a teen, he probably ate a whole pizza before coming home for supper?
Since the kids left home 10 years ago, we don't have much for Italian meals. Wife makes a Mediterranean seasoned stir fry occasionally, but no pasta, and she doesn't like meatballs.

Reactions: nlife
Nice write-up and an even better looking sammie.

Point for sure
Chris

I looked at these pictures at least 3 times and it's only been a couple weeks since I made one. I agree with the garlic bread as the vessel to hold meatballs. Also like being able to make a batch of meatballs on the smoker then vac seal the extras for quick meal later.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky