Duroc pork tenderloin medalians

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
Sorry, no photos as I was experimenting and did not know what to expect.

I bought a Duroc pork tenderloin, sliced it into medallions, gave them some kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, granulated garlic and granulated onion, and sauteed them in some BaconUp, and I have not tasted pork that good since I last ate pork at my grandmother's house, many, many years ago.

It actually tasted like pork, not cardboard.

That stuff is the real deal - tastes like pork is supposed to taste. Top shelf!

A picture-less post is grounds for a revocation of one OTBS membership. :emoji_wink::emoji_sunglasses:

Growing up pork had to be cooked to at least 160* to be safe. Most of what I remember was on the dryer side.

I've heard good things about Duroc, but have yet to try it.

Chris

A picture-less post is grounds for a revocation of one OTBS membership.
That line was only funny the first time someone used it, in another thread, only a couple days ago.

Be more creative! 🤨

I have never eaten dry, overcooked pork, and I have no plans to, but I have heard that there are people who have.

My point was that Duroc actually tastes like the wonderfully delicious pork that my grandmother used to prepare, back in the day, and nothing like the flavorless garbage that has had all the flavor engineered/bred out of it, that is typically available in grocery stores, today.

WELL worth the moderate added cost, in my not so humble opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Be more creative! 🤨
I am so very sorry your highness, and please accept my humble apologies for unknowingly regurgitating a prior response that was not up to your almighty standards.

I have never eaten dry, overcooked pork, and I have no plans to, but I have heard that there are people who have.
It must be nice living in your world. All alone sitting at the top of the heap. Looking down at all us plebs.

Chris

Oh yeah RS totally agree as I ordered a Duroc locally for our last comp and the taste is noticeably better! Now our local Food Lion is trying to keep butts and tenderloin in stock.
Labeled as "prime" along with "Duroc" on the packaging. Well worth the Xtra costs!

Keith

Reactions: Retired Spook
Oh yeah RS totally agree as I ordered a Duroc locally for our last comp and the taste is noticeably better! Now our local Food Lion is trying to keep butts and tenderloin in stock.
Labeled as "prime" along with "Duroc" on the packaging. Well worth the Xtra costs!

Keith
Absolutely great stuff! :emoji_thumbsup:

I am so very sorry your highness, and please accept my humble apologies for unknowingly regurgitating a prior response that was not up to your almighty standards.

It must be nice living in your world. All alone sitting at the top of the heap. Looking down at all us plebs.
I can't agree more .
He's done the same to me . Treats you like some kind of moron if you don't stroke his ego . Total BS .

I can't agree more .
He's done the same to me . Treats you like some kind of moron if you don't stroke his ego . Total BS .
:emoji_astonished: where did that one come from sir? I always thought that we got along pretty good? I guess I missed something, somewhere.

Last edited:
I guess I should apologize for taking offense when someone walks into a thread I started about Italian meatballs and sauce and tells me that my Italian grandmother doesn't know shit because his Irish grandmother called it gravy, not sauce, but I am sorry, I am not about to apologize for that - ever - nor will I apologize for dragging a thread back on the topic of Duroc pork and not how dry and overcooked someone else cooks their pork, especially after they have insulted my grandmother and my heritage.

With respect, gentlemen, if you do not like my posts, no one is forcing you to read them. You can use the ignore feature and I will probably never even notice.

Every one needs to chill their egos. Some things are taken out of context, some things meant with a sense of humor. If ya want drama it's not gonna be found on this site!
Any issues and any of you may private message me or any staff member.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky