Time to smoke- Plans?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
I am wishing you all safe and healthy weeks ahead. As a school teacher in Michigan, I am off until April 13th at minimum. This does however give me a great opportunity to do some smoking. I generally do mucho venison over Winter break but I broke my foot. I always enjoy planning a vacation as much as the trip itself. So I will try to plan some smokes as Im staying home now.

I am planning 6# of turkey jerky that's soaking now. Just started a Bearcarver method dried beef in cure this morning. I got out 25# of venison to make snack sticks, breakfast sausage, italian sausage. I plan to do some venison jerky soon as well. Being a hunter and smoker, I was happy to be fully loaded with meats to ease any fears for my family during the crazy times.

Will try to do some postings as I go. Anyone else have new smoking plans?

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq
Like Al I'll be freezer shopping. We grill, smoke year round and at least once a week so usually I only plan a day or two in advance. I do have a small pork loin ready to go that I think I'll put in the minitisserie and smoke this weekend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky