Time for some chuck roast!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
We have some things coming up so we thought it was time to smoke a chuck roast to have some meals made up in advance. After seeing the last one done by TNJAKE TNJAKE I knew exactly what to do... except only about 80 degrees and humidity was decent! Threw this on the kettle...

20210815_150658.jpg

Started out close to 300 then settled down to around 265.

20210815_165437.jpg

Getting pretty!

20210815_183702.jpg

A little TBS and a stalker!

20210815_183917.jpg

After 4 hours of smoke, panned it with some beef broth then foiled it and into oven until it hit 208.

20210815_212706.jpg

And finished

20210815_224210.jpg

I tried telling my wife I screwed up and it wasn't any good, that I should suffer through it by myself... she never believes me! Lol
Gonna be some tasty meals in our future!

Ryan

Looks good. I would like to smoke a chuck roast sometime soon....JJ

That looks fantastic, Ryan!
I have a nice small roast in the freezer just waiting for the new Performer to arrive. Hope it turns out as good.

That looks fantastic, Ryan!
I have a nice small roast in the freezer just waiting for the new Performer to arrive. Hope it turns out as good.
Thanks Colin! I appreciate it! I'm sure yours will turn out as good! Just make sure to post pics!

Ryan

Great cook Ryan. Foil pans are the best to finish. Those juices are gold.
Smoked in the shed? You having the winds, too?
I did a round roast in slow cooker today. Wife wanted a plain roast.
I like Dobies even though they scare many people. They just take time to accept new people.

Chuck roasts are a big favorite around here and yours looks great Ryan.

Point for sure
Chris

Great cook Ryan. Foil pans are the best to finish. Those juices are gold.
Smoked in the shed? You having the winds, too?
I did a round roast in slow cooker today. Wife wanted a plain roast.
I like Dobies even though they scare many people. They just take time to accept new people.
Thank you! Wasn't terribly windy but just enough, plus it's drier than a popcorn fart around here so garage it is. Kya is our 2 1/2 yr old toddler, she's a great dog and a great reason I didn't have to put a fence up around the sweet corn patch!

Ryan

Reactions: Fueling Around
Looks delicious! I need to try that with my wife 😅😅😅…it was worth a go lol. But that Chuck looks great!

Thanks! It never works but ya gotta try! Lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky