Thought I’d try again...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hdgzr

Original poster
Sep 9, 2011
Tulsa
My last brisket was a lackluster finish at best, and resulted in expensive dog food.

The sister in law was coming for round two of the family Thanksgiving feast, and had asked for bbq; so I thought I’d try brisket again.

For expedience sake, I opted for one already trimmed at 5.25#. Slathered with classic yellow mustard and liberally coated with Head Country Original Rub. Got the Weber leveled out about 230 degrees, put in my digital temp probe and started the cook at 9:30 in the morning.
Wrapped in foil at 150 degrees, cranked up the heat to 250, and waited. There was a bit of a stall around 160-165, but not bad. At 200 I started checking for tenderness. At 205, the skewer went in easily, but still seemed to drag a bit. Pulled the brisket at 210, wrapped in a towel and put in the cooler at 4:30.
Served at 6:30. Brisket was juicy and tender. Sliced with ease, and no knife needed when eating; easily fork-tender.
B8196894-9C67-460A-BB5A-0A2D88745B4B.jpeg

Looks like you nailed this one. And I'll bet the dog was pretty happy with the first one even though you weren't.

That’s beautiful man!! Takes many (def includes) much more than 2 tries to get juicy fork tender brisket. Great job!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky