Thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tailgatingpirate

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Going to put on a pork but this morning i have had a second thermometer crap out on me. Im going to class here in a while and when i get out im going to buy another one, i would really like not to have to do this again. Any suggestions on brands and where to get them? i saw a thread a while ago about a good wireless one that wasn't outrageously priced, but i cant find it.

Acu-rites are very good for the cost, around $15 in darn near any grocery store, etc. They aren't wireless (you can get wireless Acu-rites but more $), but for the price, ya cant beat them. I have two and they both work like champs.

Maverick ET-73 is what I have and seems to be a popular choice. 2 probes to monitor smoker temp as well as the meat. Digital and wireless receiver. I got mine for just under $40.

I also have a taylor digital without the remote receiver single probe. Think that was just under $15.

i have read allot of people talking about the maverick, i cant find a kitchen store around here, and i kinda need to get it today (gotta allot of people looking forward to some pulled pork) do you think the maverick would be at like a wal-walmart or target?

I just checked Walmart and Target's web sites. At least online, Target has the better selection. They have the single probe digital Taylor I had mentioned for $16.99 and a single probe Maverick.

I don't remember where I bought my Maverick but I think it was at a kitchen and bath store.

Good luck.

my lowes has the weekend warrior gypyseasgod mentioned, plus the oregon scientific wireless. don't get the taylor target has. every review i read on it at target's site was bad. i was going to try one- until i read them. my wal-mart has junk. look for a big grocery store, we have h.e.b. here. they have a good selection. you have a linengs-and-things? they have them. annna's linens, big lots, home depot- all have them here. if you got the money, go for the oregon at lowes. that is supposed to be a very nice unit. i will be getting one, after i pay off this oral surgeon i saw yesterday.

I have two Acu-Rite #21025 Digital Thermometers - Under $17 at Lowes a couple of months ago. I also have the Maverick ET-73 I got from Kitchen and Company for under $40...

I have the maverick ET73 dual probe. The remote is nice and also you can buy an extra food probe and plug it in the cabinet temp side and it will monitor two meats if you have an alternate temp measure for the smoker cabinet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky