The Master of Enablers strikes again

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

6GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 12, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
With the help of Steve H Steve H , I ordered some fermenting airlocks for mason jars, and an attachment so I could vac seal mason jars. Shown here are 2- 1 Quart jars of fermenting dill pickles, and pickled carrots. In the middle is a quart jar of dilly beans that have been vacuum sealed and put in the fridge. Steve gave me the inspiration for the dilly beans, and fermenting pickles. I've already made sour pickles with a Kimchi pot that you know who went all Obi-Wan and made me buy. I wanted to try doing them in jars, and I'm looking forward to how these turn out.
IMG_1153.jpeg

Looking good. Are you fermenting the dilly beans?
No. I mixed 50/50 distilled water, and white vinegar. Added some spices, garlic, etc and vacuum sealed the jar and it's in the fridge for the wait. I have enough beans that I might try to ferment some as well. I'm not new to canning, but the fermenting stuff is totally new to me. Any good fermented dilly beans recipes you could offer?

No. I mixed 50/50 distilled water, and white vinegar. Added some spices, garlic, etc and vacuum sealed the jar and it's in the fridge for the wait. I have enough beans that I might try to ferment some as well. I'm not new to canning, but the fermenting stuff is totally new to me. Any good fermented dilly beans recipes you could offer?
I go pretty simple on my dilly beans. 2% sea salt brine. In a quart I'll throw 4 or 5 cloves of garlic, a couple cayenne peppers (or hotter if you like spice) and a nice big handful of fresh dill. Ferment for 1-2 weeks. I have some in the frig still from months ago. My friends love them.

Reactions: JLeonard
I go pretty simple on my dilly beans. 2% sea salt brine. In a quart I'll throw 4 or 5 cloves of garlic, a couple cayenne peppers (or hotter if you like spice) and a nice big handful of fresh dill. Ferment for 1-2 weeks. I have some in the frig still from months ago. My friends love them.
Much appreciated. I'm going to try that with what's leftover. These are store bought green beans so who knows how they'll turn out.

Reactions: jcam222
With the help of Steve H Steve H , I ordered some fermenting airlocks for mason jars, and an attachment so I could vac seal mason jars.
And the saga continues. Another forum member has fallen prey to Steve H Steve H ...the Enabler in Chief himself. sure am glad I haven't been caught in his clutches yet (cough, choke). You're in for some tasty treats though.

Robert

Looks good. my test run of a habanero ferment is almost 2 weeks in. Been scouring the internet for other things to ferment.....May have to try out the green beans and carrots! My arm is still sore from the twisting Steve H Steve H and jcam222 jcam222 put on it to get me started! :emoji_laughing:

Jim

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H and jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky