CPB Ribs are what’s for dinner!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great! I bought a half dozen or so of these last year when they ran a special. So good and they leave a great amount of meat on them.

Reactions: civilsmoker
After seeing those beautiful ribs. I think I'm going to submit my two week notice on the TD committee. So I can enter and have a chance at winning.

Most excellent job Civil.

Point for sure
Chris
Many thanks Chris!

I'm telling you putting an entry in is like buying a lotto ticket..... Just need to catch the eye of the judges..... not even win the SMF poll......

Like I have said many times before "HATS OFF" to the TD committee and sponsors!
If it gets any better than that, someone please let me know. Outstanding...
Thanks GS! Yea this was a plate of indulgence! Smoked beef and dr'd box mac..... Just a happy place!
Man that was worth the wait! Great looking cook. And yeah, tx smoker tx smoker has ruined a lot of us to reg ole grocery store beef with that CPB.

Jim
Thanks Jim and yes the wait was WORTH IT! Oh yea tx smoker tx smoker needs to taken out to the smoke shed for a lesson!....
Looks great! I bought a half dozen or so of these last year when they ran a special. So good and they leave a great amount of meat on them.
Thanks jcam, I'm usually a fresh not frozen snob.... I just have this thing about it... but these have totally changed that opinion. Although I wonder what these would taste post age not frozen......

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Me and the boy have been looking forward to this cook ever since the throwdown prize package arrived at the front door.

The ribs…. Two racks nicely vac pac’d, this is the last of the Throwdown spoils…..intentionally saved them for last…
View attachment 683069
View attachment 683070

Got them all thawed out and prepped for seasoning….. had to break out the food service pan for these babies!
View attachment 683071
Pretty simple seasoning but it produces a very nice combination of flavors….
View attachment 683072
I am really looking forward to seeking how the Certified Piedmontese texture compares to “normal” genetic beef ribs which we eat a ton of. Ie wondering how the reduced connective tissue that is part of the CPB genetics will affect flavor and the eating experience…… more to come…. These are sitting covered in the fridge awaiting for a good smoke…..
what kinna pig dem from? looks delicious :-)

Bingo 2 hours 50 mins, these are getting covered and in the house oven to rest at 145 for 40 or so mins……
View attachment 683086

All rested and ready to slice…… just note the deeper color on them after the rest. The resting helps soften the bark to the perfect texture juiciness!
View attachment 683087

The slicing……
View attachment 683088

Ok this is a plate of pure yumminess!!!!!
View attachment 683089

Pure beef rib money!!!!
View attachment 683090

The other side of the Mac & beef rib samich!
View attachment 683091

Ok the bite on this section of ribs was a perfect beef rib bite!!!!!
View attachment 683092

I don’t know what else to say but after all the beef ribs I have smoked and consumed and these are the two BEST racks of ribs I have ever had!

I’m sitting here conflicted though…….not sure if I should be mad at the throwdowns or happy…..you see I’m hooked now and my whole shopping experience of finding ribs in my honey holes is a bust now!!!!!! That said I can keep a couple of racks in the freezer and have more free time cooking vs shopping…….
F@#$%. wow

Reactions: Retired Spook
what kinna pig dem from? looks delicious :-)
.....This kind.....
CertPiedBeef.PNG

CertPiedBeef2.PNG

F@#$%. wow
:-) Thanks FX!

Since the firsts was sooooo goood we have to simply repeat it! We had 6 ribs remaining in two slab portions. Reheated but double foil wrap and in the house oven at 180 for 90 mins……. Came out near perfect again!
IMG_7098.jpeg

Yes these are leftover……it’s hard to believe…..
IMG_7101.jpeg

These CPB ribs are the real deal!

Oh and the box mac has butter, cream, and a little milk to dress the sauce packet up. It takes them to another level!

Nice meal civil… those ribs look darned good man! Congrats on the spinner ride!
Many thanks Rafter (on both)!
It looks great. That mac-n-cheese as well since I haven't had it in a long time.
Thanks Chris! Yea we always keep a few boxes in the pantry to simplify meals.... They are also nostalgic...
Awesome plate of food!! Point!
Thanks Steve! I'm actually going through withdrawals..... The boy has been talking about how good they were and even the leftovers.....
Wow those look great! You did them justice. I just can't get myself to spend that much but than again you only live once.
Much appreciated Brian! They do have a price point, but they fit the bill for special occasions for sure!

Since the firsts was sooooo goood we have to simply repeat it! We had 6 ribs remaining in two slab portions. Reheated but double foil wrap and in the house oven at 180 for 90 mins……. Came out near perfect again!
View attachment 683191
Yes these are leftover……it’s hard to believe…..
View attachment 683192
These CPB ribs are the real deal!

Oh and the box mac has butter, cream, and a little milk to dress the sauce packet up. It takes them to another level!

Was going to suggest you step up that mac n cheese game to some smoked mac n cheese! But I'm just messing with ya, the star has to be the ribs! :)

Question, is there a silver skin on the back of these? Did you remove it?

Was going to suggest you step up that mac n cheese game to some smoked mac n cheese! But I'm just messing with ya, the star has to be the ribs! :)

Question, is there a silver skin on the back of these? Did you remove it?
Ah box mac would die in the smoker....we do scratch mac most the time but sometimes the box (we always add cream) is needed to keep us "kids"

Yes these had the silver skin and no I didn't remove it. I always remove it on pork ribs but 95% of the time I leave it on the beef ribs. I can be very difficult to remove it on some beef ribs too so removal is a sans need in my book.... and I cook a TON of beef ribs a year.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky