CPB Ribs are what’s for dinner!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ah box mac would die in the smoker....we do scratch mac most the time but sometimes the box (we always add cream) is needed to keep us "kids"

Yes these had the silver skin and no I didn't remove it. I always remove it on pork ribs but 95% of the time I leave it on the beef ribs. I can be very difficult to remove it on some beef ribs too so removal is a sans need in my book.... and I cook a TON of beef ribs a year.....
Whats the best place to get ribs or meat? Costco? I don't have a membership, but I may get one, just for this purpose.

Our Costco had them in a single pack for a while then went to a double know the are cutting them in singles????!

Our local GS have them. The trick is to watch for boneless prime rib sales there is a rack cut for each one of them. if they don’t have the just ask the counter butcher to save some. Some racks are better (the CPB are the BEST) but I’ve never had a bad one. Some times there can be up to an inch of fat on the back side though…..I trim it down when I get one like that. That is a bit too much to render in the cook. Less than 1/2 inch I let roll the 265 for 3 hours renders most of that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky