The "A-MAZE-N Smoker"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am thinking about getting one of these.  I have an MES 40,  I went to the web site and was reading the instructions it says not to put above the water pan.  The water pan in mine is the width of the smoker.  Can I just move it up a row?  Do I need to I really need to use the water pan all the time anyway?

I am thinking about getting one of these.  I have an MES 40,  I went to the web site and was reading the instructions it says not to put above the water pan.  The water pan in mine is the width of the smoker.  Can I just move it up a row?  Do I need to I really need to use the water pan all the time anyway?
That means don't put it above the water pan, if it has water in it, because of steam coming past the AMNS.

In an MES 40---Put it on the bars, to the left of the chip burner.

You should always have the water pan in an MES, but you don't have to have anything in it (other than protecting it with foil).

The way I do it----I put the AMNS on the bars, under the left end of the water pan. Then I take a piece of foil pan, a little bigger than the AMNS, and put that on top of the water pan, above the AMNS, to keep anything from dripping on my AMNS & putting it out.

Bear

Do you have the 6x6 or the 6x8?  Thanks for the info.
I have all kinds (mostly before they were perfected)---LOL---I'm an official tester.

They all fit at that spot in the MES 40.

If I was buying my first one, I'd get the 6 X 8.

Bear

I think between Bear , Paul and I we have tested every size of AMNS there is so if we can help in any way let us know.

I have all kinds (mostly before they were perfected)---LOL---I'm an official tester.

They all fit at that spot in the MES 40.

If I was buying my first one, I'd get the 6 X 8.

Bear
Big bad Bear or guinea pig? LOL

It's on my list too. Just need to make a mod to the ECB so I don't have to give up one of the two racks.

Great looking product Todd. You can't beat all this praise from smokers who know their business.

Did exactly what Bear Craver said to do with the AMNS.  It worked perfectly, great smoke.  The only problem I have is I am going to need more Hickory dust real soon, but thats is just a click away.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky