TD Entry- My 4th of July Rib Fest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Redicans

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2023
Hawaii
So this was my Entry. 3 Racks of baby backs. Seasoned with a Dijon binder then rubbed with Kinders brown sugar rub.

IMG_4801.jpeg

Smoked them 6.5 hours unwrapped using Kiawe wood. The cook seemed to go long and was testing my patience but in the end it came together and they were probing super tender. Then glazed with Kinders organic Cali Gold BBQ sauce. I was pretty happy with everything.

IMG_4802.jpeg
IMG_4803.jpeg
IMG_4804.jpeg

The party was great! Some great friends and some family!! Everyone had a great time and got their fill of ribs. Sides were a nice cole slaw and baked beans. No one left hungry that’s for sure!

My first TD and it was a blast! I never thought to get a Pic with the ribs plated up with the sides, Hahaha!! Wasn’t really sure what I was doing with the TD!! I must say the experience was super fun and seeing all the amazing entries and following the voting to the end was super cool for me!! Anyway I am thankful to have been a part of such a great Throw Down!!

Aloha,

Sean

Love me some Kinder's, I went to school with John
/ Mr. Kinder's grandkids.
John started Kinder's back in the 40s in San Pablo, CA. There are Kinder's Meats everywhere around here now. I love their slogan, it's on their shirts and hats.

"You can lick our chops, but you can't beat our meat"

That Cali gold is some good stuff, but my go to is their Original BBQ sauce, I love the stuff on all meat.

Those are some great looking ribs.:emoji_call_me:

Love me some Kinder's, I went to school with John
/ Mr. Kinder's grandkids.
John started Kinder's back in the 40s in San Pablo, CA. There are Kinder's Meats everywhere around here now. I love their slogan, it's on their shirts and hats.

"You can lick our chops, but you can't beat our meat"

That Cali gold is some good stuff, but my go to is their Original BBQ sauce, I love the stuff on all meat.

Those are some great looking ribs.:emoji_call_me:
Thanks,

Yeah they make some really good rubs. The original sauce is a favorite of mine also!! That Cali Gold is mighty tasty though!

Great looking ribs! My first TD I had no idea either what I was doing. Win or lose in the voting you always end with a winner of a meal. And if the home judges are happy (empty plates) its a win. It amazes me the creativity of the folks on here. tx smoker tx smoker has promised the next one will be a good one too. Gonna have to see what they have up their sleeve and maybe get in on it.

Jim

Reactions: Redicans
Great looking ribs! My first TD I had no idea either what I was doing. Win or lose in the voting you always end with a winner of a meal. And if the home judges are happy (empty plates) its a win. It amazes me the creativity of the folks on here. tx smoker tx smoker has promised the next one will be a good one too. Gonna have to see what they have up their sleeve and maybe get in on it.

Jim
Thanks Jim,

Yeah it was just a fun experience for me!! Happy guests and the TD, it was all just a great time! Yeah I think the creativity of all the entries was one of my favorite parts of the whole thing!!

Sean

Reactions: JLeonard
Your ribs came out excellant! I didnt enter but I enjoyed watching how the voting was going, really kept it interesting.

Beautiful ribs and a great entry. I applaud you not just for the entry but also for your participation. It is very rare that a member who has just recently joined feels comfortable jumping into the deep end of the pool like you did. That is a great gesture from you and a testament to the environment of the forum. Congrats!! Now that you have one under your belt, I cannot wait to see what you put together for the next one :emoji_wink:

Robert

Beautiful ribs and a great entry. I applaud you not just for the entry but also for your participation. It is very rare that a member who has just recently joined feels comfortable jumping into the deep end of the pool like you did. That is a great gesture from you and a testament to the environment of the forum. Congrats!! Now that you have one under your belt, I cannot wait to see what you put together for the next one :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks Robert,

It just seemed like a cool thing to participate in and I was planning the ribs so I went with it, Haha!! I agree about the forum! It is great and so many great cooks!! I am picking up tips and great info daily!!

Sean

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky