Split Breast chicken on the EDS!

Discussion in 'UDS Builds' started by jalan43, Oct 30, 2011.

1. jalan43

jalan43 Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

[​IMG]Started these beautiful split chicken breast this morning! Peach and Cherry sawdust. I marinated them in salt, pepper, ginger sauce, sprite, and white wine. My smoke hand was very excited to help. It's never to early to start teaching them. At seven, she shows a real interest in skoking and cooking with Daddy.

I'll post more photos when they are finished No snow here, but its 38 degrees. I wrapped the barrell in wool blankets and its keeping temp around 200 degrees. Life is good![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great start!

Nice to get the family involved in your hobby!

3. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

The Chick Breast are looking good ;   EDS ,O.K. [​IMG].

Great to have a little one to share/pass on the knowledge.

You need to get her a big stick to carry , she'll need it to keep the boys away!!!!![​IMG]

Have fun and.....

4. jalan43

Chicken Breast finished! Sorry they were done an hour ago, but I was busy stuffing myself! Yes, I already started looking for sticks for my little one!!! Thanks ! I added a finished photo so everyone could drool......

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

They look great!

6. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

They look great

7. ugaboz

ugaboz Smoking Fanatic

nice did you make your uds

8. jalan43

Yes I built my UDS. I Received my PID controller this week and it has to go back to company because it ran for 30 min  and quit. So I had to smoke the old fashioned way, controlling with draft. I did a lot of reading on this site and even more homework before I started the build. I spent more money than I wanted, butI'm real happy with the finished product.