Spare Ribs w/ a Peach Glaze ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
OH MY goodness, I need some bad weather soon! I am about to hurt myself with all this food! Wasn't my fault, I potato salad leftover from last night what was I do with leftover tater salad? Whole spare rib.

Cleaned it up and removed the rib skin.

IMG_9640.JPG

Rubbed down with salt & cracked black, some olive oil and sprinkled with cider vinegar. Then gave it a massage.

IMG_9643.JPG

Hickory and apple, look at that sweet color! This is where I started the glaze. 5 applications total, Oh my goodness!

IMG_9647.JPG

Check that drawback....... I showed this one because I had cut away those big back bones, I love that piece the best, perfect amount of fat with large pieces of meat. St.Louis for show, whole spare ribs to eat!

IMG_9649.JPG

Think I have, yes I do, a brined chicken dehydrating in the reefer for tomorrow.......

If you ever get the chance do yourself a favor and try a glaze. I have done a bunch of flavors but I dod like peach with pork! You make some excellent ribs and plan that last hour or so to glaze. Its hard to beat. Over the top.

Ya know I'll bet a seeded halved grilled fresh peach would make a person hurt themselves.....LOL

The first 2 pics look like a fish....Oinkfish?
Great looking ribs.I do something similar with apricot jam,thinned with orange juice and gochugaru pepper instead of CB.
upload_2019-3-29_21-6-1.png

What kind of peach juice did u use or did u use real peaches

I make loads of jelly each year, cases actually. Raspberry, strawberry, apple, peach, etc etc etc..... I brush jelly on the ribs and let the heat cook it to thicken and caot the meat. About every 15 mins. for 5 or 6 applications. Its strange, it doesn't just taste like jelly though. there is also the pork rib flavor as well as the smoke all mixed together. Its really a nice change.

Reactions: kdfiter
The first 2 pics look like a fish....Oinkfish?
Great looking ribs.I do something similar with apricot jam,thinned with orange juice and gochugaru pepper instead of CB.
View attachment 391768

Sounds good, I never got to use apricot much, see apricots were Mom's favorite. I have done some strange ones, like I have satsuma jelly, I have corn cob jelly, platinum Muscadine jelly.... LOL all the little church ladies just love dem some jelly....LOL

Look at dem hillbilly teeth on those ribs - just a smiling away. I've had a peach finishing sauce for PP but never used peach as a glaze. May have to try it soon.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: motocrash
Look at dem hillbilly teeth on those ribs - just a smiling away. I've had a peach finishing sauce for PP but never used peach as a glaze. May have to try it soon.

Point for sure
Chris

Its not like it is stand out peachy, its just you know it is and it is easy to do but like everything else it just takes a little extra time and effort. Hell you could even use store bought jelly. I think Pop mixed his glazes with butter and brown sugar and reduced it. Me, I just put jelly on it and let it reduce and thicken itself! And I smoked these with a partial of hickory and thats a pretty hard smoke, but then I cut the hickory with apple, that's the east coast hillbilly in me.

Wow Kevin that looks fantastic!
Love the color!!
Al

I guess its because Pop always smoked by color not time or temp.. Its how I learned to smoke. I can already see next week I'll be in withdrawal. My hands and the reefer too we've smelled soooooo good all this week!!

I just laughed again, one time long ago I was stopped at a stop light in town obviously, looked over and here's this guy that kept smelling his hands and had this look of happiness on his face. LOL

FINE lookin ribs foam! I love the color. I’m sure that peach adds a nice southern touch to them. There is nothing like a ripe juicy peach, but mixed with ribs, now your onto something...

FINE lookin ribs foam! I love the color. I’m sure that peach adds a nice southern touch to them. There is nothing like a ripe juicy peach, but mixed with ribs, now your onto something...

Thank you

Its just another flavor modifier, like brining or injecting, or wood selection, etc..... I have a cases and cases of all different types of jelly, its about to be jelly season again. I will use my BBQ sauce occasionally on beef, Chicken well with brining and injecting I seldom think glazing. So that means its basically a pork thingie. I love a glazed ham. Peach is to pork glaze what hickory and apple are to the pork wood line up.

Reactions: SmokinLogs
Ever try and mixing peach jelly into bbq sauce ..wondering how that would turn out

I very very seldom use BBQ sauce. Why? I don't know, Pop did upon occasion BBQ, I make my own sauce, but I guess BBQ has got a bad rap with me. its sort of like a way to cover up less than perfect meat. Last year I tried some BBQ sauce and thought it was awesome. Its just not a real standard on my pits. I love nekkid chickens! Nothing but salt and pepper, smoke and gentle heat.

Oh and BTW anything you can make jelly with you can use to stuff in the cavity prior to smoking. The best turkey I have ever eaten I smoked with apricots stuffed in the cavity. Totally amazing

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky