Son's Birthday App!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, boys birthday today... He requested ribs, so had some Memphis style ribs. Sorry, no rib pics! But we also Q'ed up an app that is a fam fav & birthday boy requested. We really like these, they are simple & tasty.

Bacon wrapped pretzel rods.. Sorry, no prep pics but had to share these as they are really tasty. We done thick sliced bacon this time, but we've done thin slices too! The pretzels soak up some of the bacon goodness, Mmmm. Smoked with comp blend pellets at 250* for a few hours. Between the ribs & these apps, made for a happy kiddo!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks for lookin!

Justin they look great never heard of anyone doing that. Likes
Richie

Thanks my friend, I get these ideas & have to try em. Some of my experiments don't turn out too good, but this one the fam loves!

Wow!!
That's definitely different!!
I eat a lot of Pretzel Rods, because 3 Rods only add up to 100 calories!
However I never even thought about wrapping Bacon around them. That's gotta be Great !!:)
Like.

Bear

That is something I have never seen before!
Gonna have to give that a try!
Al

Yea Al, I get these ideas in my head.. sometimes they work out, sometimes not! These are a fav since we tried them a few years ago. If ya try them, let us know what ya think.

Wow!!
That's definitely different!!
I eat a lot of Pretzel Rods, because 3 Rods only add up to 100 calories!
However I never even thought about wrapping Bacon around them. That's gotta be Great !!:)
Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear, yea I agree they are different... As said to a couple guys up the thread, I get these ideas in my head & some actually work out... others not so much! LOL. But I figure don't know til I try. These were a hit with the fam the first go round a few years ago!

Appreciate the like & hope ya try em... If ya do, I'd like to know how ya like em. One thing we have noticed from experience is they are much better fresh off the smoker than reheated.

Bacon wrapped pretzel rods?? Now that's a new one on me Justin. Actually sounds good. Now I'm gonna have to give these a whirl. I love trying off the wall smokes. Like you, some are great, some the hound eats, and few get turfed. But til you try, you just never know.
POINT for a new idea.
I'll let you know what we think of them. Thanks for the idea.
Gary

Bacon wrapped pretzel rods?? Now that's a new one on me Justin. Actually sounds good. Now I'm gonna have to give these a whirl. I love trying off the wall smokes. Like you, some are great, some the hound eats, and few get turfed. But til you try, you just never know.
POINT for a new idea.
I'll let you know what we think of them. Thanks for the idea.
Gary

Thanks for the kind words my friend! Yea, some work out & some not so much... LOL. Hope ya get to try these & enjoy em! Look forward to hearing what ya think! Appreciate the point!

I have a feeling I'm going to like these, my friend. I like to smoking almost everything and anything--at least once. My latest post in "Cold Smoking, Other" is a pretty good example of that. LOL

Hey my friend, not sure how I missed this response from you... So my apologies. I'm headed over to see your post now!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky