Soda brewing?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
40 years ago I made Hires Rootbeer with Dad. It had a funky flavor from using Bread Yeast but overall was pretty good. It didn't seem sweet enough. Maybe not enough sugar or over fermented. He always put a couple of raisins in each bottle, I never found out why...JJ

40 years ago I made Hires Rootbeer with Dad. It had a funky flavor from using Bread Yeast but overall was pretty good. It didn't seem sweet enough. Maybe not enough sugar or over fermented. He always put a couple of raisins in each bottle, I never found out why...JJ
LOL-----More than 50 years ago I helped my mother make Hires Root Beer with that little bottle in the orange box. She mixed it all in a crock, and had an old bottle capper. Then she'd set the bottles outside in the sun. She said they were supposed to stay there for 30 days. LOL---By then they were all gone. I never did find out how they tasted at the end of 30 days.

Bear

The question I had, that link, reads,

To ferment the soda in a plastic bottle? Then to transfer to the glass bottles. I dont care for plastic when it comes to drink or food. I know the plastic bottle for the fermentation is prob less prob, than having shards of glass come at ya like shrapnel?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky