SnS or Primo XL

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

FritzHlzr

Original poster
Jun 10, 2022
So I'm at point where I am putting my small BGE with custom table up for sale after 10plus years of use, I've made some changes in my lineup and now need a bigger ceramic cooker to do some smoking, a pork butt, rack of ribs, or tri tip for example, for the immediate family on occasion along with the other cooks I use the current Small for. I've narrowed it down to either an SnS gen 2 or a Primo XL, I have a Primo dealer near me but I think the SnS will still be $500 less than the Primo after purchasing the needed accessories. I would prefer to buy American but I am open to other lesser known comparable options if available. Please share the positives and negatives anyone has on these cookers and how they accommodate larger pieces of proteins.

Reactions: JLeonard
I’m not too familiar with ceramic cookers or trying to change your mind but if you’re looking for bigger, have you considered the 26” Weber kettle? Its pretty big and can easily do 3-4 pork butts and multiple ribs.
Thanks for the input but I use the ceramic for baking and rely on it as my winter charcoal grill. I recently sold my box smoker so Im looking for something just big enough to facilitate smoking for the immediate family, small pork butt, try tip, a rack of ribs, meatloafs, 2 chickens, etc. Basically a ceramic big enough to cover what I was using both the small egg and the BX 25 for.

Thanks for the input but I use the ceramic for baking and rely on it as my winter charcoal grill. I recently sold my box smoker so Im looking for something just big enough to facilitate smoking for the immediate family, small pork butt, try tip, a rack of ribs, meatloafs, 2 chickens, etc. Basically a ceramic big enough to cover what I was using both the small egg and the BX 25 for.
I use insulated cookers but not ceramic. The char griller Kamado Kooker Akorn is loaded with wood stove insulation that is warm hot on the outside at 700* . I like the grill, bbq, bake and high heat pizza oven with insulated cookers. Mine is designed etc in USA and made in China. I'd like to know which are 100% USA. Just like thermometers are designed in the USA but made and assembled in China and the UK makes the renowned Thermapen by ETI, Ltd that Thermoworks eludes as theirs but isn't. Thermoworks maybe 100% USA on their thermometers but IDK. Lots of crap to sift through to get to the truth.

Reactions: FritzHlzr
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky