Smoking in advance of a party

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ceeejay57

Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
Good morning everyone.

I am smoking 2 butts and a brisket for a party on 7/1 (not at my house).  I do not have enough time to smoke the day before and am looking for some suggestions.  I would like to smoke the pork butts (BGE) next weekend and then freeze them for the party.  Do I freeze it whole or pulled?  How far in advance do I thaw them?  Also looking to smoke the brisket either Wednesday or Thursday before the party.  Can I just refrigerate it?  Do I do it whole or sliced?  First time I have done any smoking in these big quantities and am a little nervous. 

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Welcome to the Forum. Can't help with the early cook info. My smoked meat does not last long enough to make it to the freezer or fridge.  Neighbors know by the smell and well family just know!!!!

Good morning everyone.

I am smoking 2 butts and a brisket for a party on 7/1 (not at my house).  I do not have enough time to smoke the day before and am looking for some suggestions.  I would like to smoke the pork butts (BGE) next weekend and then freeze them for the party.  Do I freeze it whole or pulled?  How far in advance do I thaw them?  Also looking to smoke the brisket either Wednesday or Thursday before the party.  Can I just refrigerate it?  Do I do it whole or sliced?  First time I have done any smoking in these big quantities and am a little nervous. 

Thanks for all your help in advance.
ceejay I would pull it and freeze in small vac bags,the vac bags can be put into a pot of hot water.

Brisket leave whole slice it when you get to the party,make an au jus while the meat is cooking.Use it to warm the slices

Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky