Wanting to learn more about smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ShawnM

Original poster
Dec 23, 2023
Just came across this forum and had to sign up. I've done basic smoking with a Weber Kettle but am looking to go deeper with a small smokehouse for fish, goat and pork.

I'm American, still working but have a home and family in the Philippines. Coconut lumber and husks will be my go to. Hoping to have a solid design to build before I head home again in March.

Won't have much to add but definitely will be asking a lot of questions.

Thanks in advance!

Shawn

Welcome from Mississippi! Man you can post up anything you do on the kettle. Lots of us run them. And post up pics of home. Some of us like to see parts of the world we may never get to visit!

Jim
Thanks for the welcome. I love my Kettle, just want to go a bit larger and eventually learn to make sausages, bacon and ham.

Shawn

Just came across this forum and had to sign up. I've done basic smoking with a Weber Kettle but am looking to go deeper with a small smokehouse for fish, goat and pork.

I'm American, still working but have a home and family in the Philippines. Coconut lumber and husks will be my go to. Hoping to have a solid design to build before I head home again in March.

Won't have much to add but definitely will be asking a lot of questions.

Thanks in advance!

Shawn
Welcome from SE Florida.

Reactions: ShawnM
Welcome from Iowa! Definitely post up pictures... would love to see pics of home! And we were all beginners at one point.

Ryan

Reactions: ShawnM and JLeonard
Welcome from Iowa! Definitely post up pictures... would love to see pics of home! And we were all beginners at one point.

Ryan
I actually spent my last 3 years of HS in Spirit Lake Iowa; only been back a few times in the last 36 years. I have a solid plan on in my head on the smokehouse I want to build, so will send some pics when I get it built in March as well as some around our little 5 acre farm. I'm definitely reading through as many posts as I can; another thing that will keep me busy when I retire in a few years.

Shawn

I actually spent my last 3 years of HS in Spirit Lake Iowa; only been back a few times in the last 36 years. I have a solid plan on in my head on the smokehouse I want to build, so will send some pics when I get it built in March as well as some around our little 5 acre farm. I'm definitely reading through as many posts as I can; another thing that will keep me busy when I retire in a few years.

Shawn
Only an hour away from Spirit Lake.

Ryan

Welcome Shawn from Nova Scotia

You found the right place here with lots of great folks that will help with almost any question you might have .

And like said we love pictures , so welcome to the home of Show and Tell , and a little fun also.

David

Reactions: ShawnM
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky