BBQ Battle Pulled Ham on the 270 Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great. Samiches for a while !
Oh yea. Sandwiches and more!

Looks delicious, Jeff. Wish I had scored me some cheap hams for the freezer in the post Easter sales. They were dang near giving them away to get rid of them.
I wish I'd have scored more! I do have two spiral sliced I grabbed at $0.99. I'll use those for ham salad.

I probably haven’t fired up a smoker or grill in a year. Might change that tomorrow lol
Hope you get a chance to fire it up today!

Jeff those hams look Amazing!! Kind of like what comes out of the Imu when I do them but with a bit more Kick from the smoke and seasoning you used!! Beautiful!!
Thanks! What is an IMU?

Some mighty fine work there Jeff, got me feeling hungry right after dinner! I never tried double smoking a ham to the point of pulling, might just give that a shot, got a couple in my freezer. RAY
Thanks Ray, highly recommend. I also sufgest shank over butt ham. For some reason I've had better moister results with shanks. Either will work though.

Now that is Awesome! I can see Cuban sandwiches FOR DAYS!!!! LOL!!
Thanks! I'll definitely save some ofr my Cuban Casserole. One of my favorite dishes.

Looks really good. I like cold ham sandwiches the next day with a bunch of mayo
Thanks! Oh yea I'm all about mayo

Congrats on the Carousel ride.....
Thanks Keith

Nice work Jeff . One of my favorites !
Thanks Rich

Looks great Jeff, Nice to stock up the freezer and I would have a belly full while filling up the bags for the freezer. :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

David
Thanks David. I munched some while pulling and had a nice sandwich on a keto thin with muenster

Next time I see cheap hams on sale, I know what I'll be making....
Definitely a nice change of pace. Next time I see shank under $1 I'm buying a half dozen.

Looks great Jeff, nice work. And that is my favorite brand of store bought ham, sugardale is delicious ham
Thanks. The results with these Sugardale are the best I've had yet with pulled ham

Wowsa that looks super good. I've only ever done pulled butt ham.
Pretty much the same although I seem to get moister results with shanks. Both work

Those look killer Jeff! I still not knocked this off my list. Was kinda of worried would be dry but those look good. Next time I get a hold of one.
Last time I did them parts were a bit dry. These came out perfect. Really didn't do anything different so as with many things often boils down to the meat quality I think.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Reactions: clifish and 02ebz06
Looks great Jeff! To be honest don't think I've ever had it but like others say... that needs to change!

Ryan

Reactions: jcam222
Dang!!! I never had pulled ham but I grew up on those Sugerdales as they were my Dad's favorite.
I can't wait to do one. And those Close-ups!!! Anyone know how to get drool outta your keyboard? Thanks Jcam!!!!

Getting a little tired of pulled pork, this thread came just in time. Looks like something new is in the works.

That meat looks mighty tasty.

Many moons ago I tried a smoked ham, but it turned out really dry and salty.

Next time Kroger has the Sugardales on sale, I'll try again.

Looks great Jeff! To be honest don't think I've ever had it but like others say... that needs to change!

Ryan
Give it a go. I'm not a real ham fan but pulled like this I like it.

Looks absolutely delicious. Never done a pulled ham, but will be shopping and giving it a go.
Thanks! Looking forward to your results!

I can smell those photos
Ha good, I like making pics that have you close to licking the screen lol

Dang!!! I never had pulled ham but I grew up on those Sugerdales as they were my Dad's favorite.
I can't wait to do one. And those Close-ups!!! Anyone know how to get drool outta your keyboard? Thanks Jcam!!!!
Yea man great results with those x

Getting a little tired of pulled pork, this thread came just in time. Looks like something new is in the works.
Looking forward to seeing what you think.

That meat looks mighty tasty.

Many moons ago I tried a smoked ham, but it turned out really dry and salty.

Next time Kroger has the Sugardales on sale, I'll try again.
Thanks! I'll say that these Sugardale gave me the best results yet. I think cooking faster with 275 pit temp and wrapping in a pan at 165 with a cup of liquid really helps keep it juicy.

Reactions: bonegunner
That is one most excellent example of pulled ham Jeff.

Point for sure
Chris

Man, I keep coming back to this thread just to drool over those CU pics. Definitely making this Jeff. Do you mind sharing your keto pork and chicken rub???

Man, I keep coming back to this thread just to drool over those CU pics. Definitely making this Jeff. Do you mind sharing your keto pork and chicken rub???
I'll dig up my notes in the next few days. I need to make a new batch.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky