Smokin Sunday Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lcruzen

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 16, 2007
Hell, Michigan
Gonna have both the GOSM and the Silver Smoker busy today. My first stab at a slab of bacon is on the GOSM. I did a dry cure of Tenderquick, garlic, onion, and CBP and had that curing since Monday.

Got the temp dialed in @ 150o. About as low as I can go on the GOSM with the needle valve mod.

Next to go on the Silver Smoker is 2 racks of spares and 4 small racks of beef ribs.

Spare trimmed to St Louis Style.

Gonna throw this chucker on today at some point also.

Also included a pic of last nights dinner. I did up some sausage kabobs. I used my home made kielbasa and chorizo with red, yellow and green peppers, mushrooms, onion, and zucchini marinated in olive oil, vinegar, fresh basil. fresh cilantro, and roasted garlic pureed. I've never marinated sausage before and wasn't sure if it was even good idea but the taste was awesome!

More Q-View as the day progresses!

Ribs are on!

Also make a little snack for the chef today. Smoked deviled eggs. Hard boil eggs as you normally would and peel. Then into the GOSM for about an hour on the coolest smoke temp you can manage. Cool in the fridge and then make your favorite version of deviled eggs. I use Dijon, mayo, salt, CBP, and some chopped chives.

These are very tasty and a great pot luck dish for something different. The outside of the white takes on a slight brownish hue.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much food. I am on my way
ban-llama.gif

Ribs about 2 hours in. Mopping with a mixture of apple juice, soy, and jalapeno brine.

Darn now the wife seen the eggs now I have to do a batch for her and her work friends. If you haven't tried horseradish in them devil eggs give it shot. I get the whipped the horseradish sauce and add a little to taste. Just enough for hint of something but keep people guessing and I do that with potato salad also.

Bacon turned out pretty good. Looks like bacon, smells like bacon, and actually tastes better than any other bacon I've eaten. Got done a lot sooner than I expected (140o internal in 6 hours)but about 150o is as low as I can get the GOSM temp without the flame going out. But I'm happy with the results.

No slicer so I had to knife it. Had to fry up a couple of pieces for a product check.

Chucker came out great. I brined it in water, kosher salt, red pepper, rosemary, thyme, and pepper.

Just the beef and spare ribs to go and they aren't far behind!

Beef ribs are just plain awesome. I ate a rack already and the meat was flavorful and pull right off the bone. Just don't get a whole lotta meat with these.

Spares are for some friends but I did sample some of the trim and they should be happy with them.

I'm done for today. Thanx for looking!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky