Eating Asian in Alabama On a Sunday Night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Red Miso and Ginger Marinated Flank Steak

A thick marinade incorporating Red Miso paste, fresh ginger and garlic, Chinese rice wine, rice vinegar, Mirin, soy and fish sauce, vegetable oil and black pepper.
Marinated for 24 hours and then grilled and sliced thin.
Served with some of the marinade I turned into a sauce, and some chopped green onion and cilantro.

6d0VuQu.jpg

FiIaIO4.jpg

vdiJFjX.jpg

Stir Fried Teriyaki Udon Noodles

ItgRAiQ.jpg

Thai Style Chicken and Veggie Spring Rolls

ZalvPfy.jpg

Sunomono (Japanese cucumber salad)
Served two ways, one sweet with toasted sesame seeds and the other spicy with crushed red pepper.

gXxh9it.jpg

GrhQImb.jpg

Spicy Kimchi (not shown)

TV196dg.jpg

JtGMCcf.jpg

fABjkXr.jpg

PfDoq46.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Hell's yeah Chile....what a killer meal. Damn must be 30 egg rolls?
LOL, 32 to be exact, four per person.

Thanks for the Like and Compliment.
That looks amazing Chile! You must be feeding a crowd!
Not really, one extra person makes it an even eight.
Thank you much for the compliment.

LOL, 32 to be exact, four per person.

Thanks for the Like and Compliment.
Not really, one extra person makes it an even eight.
Thank you much for the compliment.
So I could sneak into the crowd and you wouldnt even notice me....Til a quarter of those rolls were gone. Man I need to google the address of the Chile buffet....They eat good around there.

Jim

Reactions: chilerelleno
Awesome! I'd love to rip into a plate of this!
Appreciate it Steve, thanks!
Yeah , I'd stuff myself on that . You want 4 eggs rolls you'd better be ahead of me .
LOL... I'd be smacking them greedy fingers with a wooden spoon.
Like a Nun with a ruler!
So I could sneak into the crowd and you wouldnt even notice me....Til a quarter of those rolls were gone. Man I need to google the address of the Chile buffet....They eat good around there.

Jim
LMAO, I think the dogs would sniff ya out and if not properly bribed would give ya up.
Especially our Chihuahua, Ms. Alice.

OMG that's a FEAST!! Flavor town for sure. Flavors on the beef are right up my alley. That cucumber salad looks interesting too.
Thanks man!
Yeah, some great flavors going on.

The Red Miso and Ginger marinade really stood out, and as a sauce it was too much for most of my diners palates.
Myself and a couple others loved it's intensity.
The Kimchi was all mine.
The egg rolls for being store bought were damned good, that's Costcos higher standards at work.
The Sunomono was made especially for my favorite Sister-n-law who's visiting for Christmas, it's a favorite if hers and mine.
Thread 'Sunomono, Japanese Cucumber Salad' https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/sunomono-japanese-cucumber-salad.289275/

Looks great chile!
Very kind, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
There you go, an other fine meal that I was not invited to.

Love the whole thing, from the spring rolls to the flank slices and the cuke salads ( both )

Reminds me , I have to make another batch of egg rolls very soon, ate the last ones a while back. And now I want Asian food.

David

Looks great John. I'm a huge fan of spring or egg rolls. There are times I forget about the other items on the plate and fill up on just the rolls.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky