• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smokey Hollow

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bearmoe

StickBurners
SMF Premier Member
Feb 17, 2008
Anyone have a Smokey Hollow Smoker? I am considering a purchase and would like info from someone with previous experience with one.
Thanks

bearmoe

StickBurners
SMF Premier Member
Feb 17, 2008
I'm looking at a gas model. I want to bring it to my friends hunting camp with no electric. Are you basically satisfied with the quality of yours?

travcoman45

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Jan 19, 2008
Bear: Don't have the sleepy hollow, but a gosm, looked at the sleepy hollow at gander mountain, nearly the same thing as a gosm, matter of fact bought some of the extras for the sh and put in my gosm. Very happy with my gosm, did a few mods, which is personnal preference. I like the unit, does a good job I think. Hope this helps you out.

jeremy

Jan 11, 2007
I have one of their gas smokers. I love it! It's very well built. I did have a problem with the door thermometer when I first got it. There customer service was great! I had a new one sent to me within a week. I would recommend them to anyone!

garyt

Smoking Fanatic
Apr 6, 2007
I have one also and love it, I got the Smoke Hollow #5 from Gander Mountain. I looked at many different brands and chose this one. Seemed to be built better than the rest and I liked the way the magnetic door latched, nice tight seal. Works great.

bearmoe

StickBurners
SMF Premier Member
Feb 17, 2008
I appreciate the feedback. I have looked at them at Gander Mt. I just ordered a #8 from Outdoor leisure Products. Gander wants $300 for one. Ordering direct, over the net, I got it for $250 including shipping.

white cloud

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Mar 27, 2007
I have the smoke hollow 3016 electric and got it from meijers for 140$ The gasser was bigger and cheaper but not insulated like my electric

jerrykr

Meat Mopper
Oct 23, 2007
I have the same one as Jeremy, and I like the way it's made better than than the other brands that I've seen. it's not all beat up and bent like the ones I see at wally-world. the magnetic door works well, and customer service is very responsive.

newb

Smoke Blower
Apr 9, 2008
Don't mean to hijack, but WC - have you done any mods to yours? If so, what. I'm thinking of doing the PID thing and also some watertight fittings...

Bear - I've only smoked 2x in my SME and had very good results.

alamar

Smoke Blower
May 4, 2008
Just picked up the No. 5 for $105.00 out the door. Too good of a deal to pass up. Put it together in about 20 Minutes. Will take it for a test drive this weekend. Will let everyone know how it goes.

bearmoe

StickBurners
SMF Premier Member
Feb 17, 2008
I bought the #6 two weeks ago. Loove it! It seems sturdy and keeps the heat well. I've done some great ribs, wings, and even a pizza. Just confirm the door thermometer works properly, they aren't always reliable.

alamar

Smoke Blower
May 4, 2008
Thanks for the tip....I think I will get a digital probe thermo just to be safe.

Looks like the weekend will be Ribs and a brake job on the wife's car.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky