Recteq RT-B380 deluxe experience.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Danblacksher

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 15, 2022
Brandon, Mississippi
I am considering getting a pizza oven, but realized for the price I am looking at I could get the Recteq bullseye deluxe with the Recteq pizza kit and the Bullseye gets to 1000 degrees. Anyone have experience with this unit making pizzas and other cooking? Just thinking this would be easier to use for steaks, smash burgers and other things besides pizza than a regular pizza oven.

Thank you,
Dan

Reactions: JLeonard
How big a pizza can it make?
Usually those inserts can't make a pizza as large as a pizza oven.

Ive made a pie on my RT-700. Turned out fine. Done them on a gasser too. I wouldn’t say either is like a real pizza oven tho.

There is a reqtec forum out there - I might suggest you look it up and see what owners are sayin. Im not sure I would believe 1000 degrees, but I haven’t read up on the bullseye for a couple years now - maybe the newer ones get that high.

Here is the accessories and it looks like it would work perfect with the bullseye deluxe.

Saw this at WM a couple of months back and couldn't pull the trigger. Heck of a deal @ $335 but I need(want) a flat top!
20230925_143924.jpg

Keith

I have also done pizza a number of times on my 1250. It works very well. It will go up to 700 degrees but I ran it lower because our pies were thicker. For the pies we do any hotter would burn the toppings before to trust was cooked.

I have no doubt whatsoever the bullseye would make a fine pizza unit! It will get as hot if not hotter than the 1250. And it will do well doing other things as well too.

Oh just looked at the promo video of the new deluxe. They have made some nice upgrades ie the ash dump is one. They boast a new 1000 degree burner pot. I’m here to tell you that thing will get hotter than you think will be comfortable to do so!

Saw this at WM a couple of months back and couldn't pull the trigger. Heck of a deal @ $335 but I need(want) a flat top!
View attachment 685374

Keith
Keith that was one of the reasons I am looking at the bullseye deluxe. I have the blackstone flat top, but it dosent get hot enough and they sell 22 inch cast iron flattops for this. I could love to know how I could get the blackstone hotter. When I do smash burgers I have to wait for it to heat back up or I get no crust.

Reactions: 912smoker
Also with the pizza accessories they said they figured out how high the stone needed to be to cook the top and bottom at the same temp. I was thinking if you can get charcoal flavored pellets you could do both wood fired and charcoal fired pizzas

Last edited:
Also with the pizza accessories they said they figured out how high the stone needed to be to cook the top and bottom at the same temp. I was thinking if you can get charcoal flavored pellets you could do both wood fired and charcoal fired pizzas
Pitboss has Charcoal Blend Pellets, if that is what you are looking for. I have a bag and have not used them yet. My thought is that...charcoal is what you use in a Weber, for example, with great results. Would there be a similar result on a pellet unit (We have a RT-700 Recteq)

update

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky