Smoker Roof

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gsuders86

Original poster
Dec 19, 2019
What is your preferred roof material for a smokehouse? I was thinking about using Corrugated Metal, but it is galvanized, so I'm thinking that shouldn't be used. Bottom part of smokehouse will be cinder block with a ceder tongue and grove top portion. I could use cedar as the roof, but not sure how well the rain/snow will run off it.

I'd stick with the cedar theme and use cedar shingles. Or use wood roof, then galvanized on top for weather.

You should consider using wood decking, like plywood or OSB as your underlayment, then you attach your corrugated metal or ribbed roofing panels, which come in a variety of colors. Not sure if a layer of tar paper is needed.

Reactions: Winterrider
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky