Smoked Dried Beef with lots of Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank You smokingd,

Most of the bacons and stuff I use TQ on, I add a tablespoon of Brown Sugar, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, but as I noted on the first post on this thread, the only thing I gave this, other than TQ, was the tablespoon of Brown Sugar to counter the TQ. When I gave it the hour of soaking after the curing process, it wasn't even close to being too salty. It was just right.

Thanks again,
Bearcarver

The MES I have doesn't smoke consistently at lower temps. I don't think may of them do. The A-MAZE-N-SMOKER does a great job at any temp.

Thanks,
Bearcarver

Another great job.  Always something to add to the learning process.  This stuff looks so good I gotta get me one of those A-MAZE-N SMOKERS and some eye round.  Awesome looking,  Talk about drooling on the keyboard.  I made at the desk next to me come and look at it.

Thanks Marty.

It even tastes better than it looks. I just had two sammies with it today!

Bearcarver

Hiya Bear!

Your tutorials with pics are EXACTLY what I am looking for (and what I hope to do!!) THANK YOU so much for this... Totally inspirational!  I hope to keep up with you. :)

I see that you dropped your temperature probe wire down through the top damper (I smacked my forehead when I saw it, "Duh!! What didn't I think of that??!!??") but I can't figure out why there is a sink drain scrrn and tape there too. Looks science-project-y.  What are you doing there?

-Princess

Hiya Bear!

Your tutorials with pics are EXACTLY what I am looking for (and what I hope to do!!) THANK YOU so much for this... Totally inspirational!  I hope to keep up with you. :)

I see that you dropped your temperature probe wire down through the top damper (I smacked my forehead when I saw it, "Duh!! What didn't I think of that??!!??") but I can't figure out why there is a sink drain scrrn and tape there too. Looks science-project-y.  What are you doing there?

-Princess
Thanks Princess,

It makes me happy every time somebody tries one of my step by steps. Makes it all worth it. You'll love it!

This will explain the reason for the screen:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/96486/mes-vent-simple-mod

The tape just keeps my probes where I put them. It's easy to lift and re-tape whenever I want to.

Thanks again,

Bear

Bear you are killing me! Now I'm hungry!
icon_eek.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Sure glad you posted the different names for the same thing. 
icon_idea.gif
  Now I know what you're talking about.  And best yet, now I've been educated on the methods.  Thanks.
Thanks Dave,

Let us know if you make some---You'll love it !

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky