Keeping Roast Beef Warm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sdp1234

Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
I often sous vide eye roasts for 22 hours with beefy onion soup mix and a tablespoon of gravy master. 131 degrees and it's awesome.
I have not found a way to serve it warmer than very luke warm. When I slice and serve it gets cold. Since it's perfect at 131 I'd love to have something that will keep it at that exact temp until I put it on the plate.

Ideas?

Reactions: JLeonard
If I'm making open-faced hot RB sandwiches. Then I put the pot of gravy on the table with the RB slices mixed in. Everyone takes their beef and gravy from the pot. Granted I'm only feeding two normally, but it has worked for four people.

Chris

I dip slices in warm beef broth . It will cook it some more , but it's completely tender , and not over cooked . I do that mostly for sandwiches .

I've also pre-cooked it in the SV , then freeze in the bag . When I want to server it it goes back in the pot from frozen for the correct amount of time . When the rest of the meal is ready , I unbag and slice .

This was done in the SV, then held overnight and sliced cold the next day .
Put in the bowl and pour warm ( not boiling ) beef broth over the slices and put the lid on .
Pretty much the same method as Chris , but using beef stock .
20191202_175200.jpg
20191202_182143.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky