Roast Beef. Cold smoke then SousVide

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sdp1234

Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
I'd consider my self an experimenter not a smoking or sous vide expert. My sous vide eye roast turns out great with eye roast and beefy onion soup mix. I also like smoked round roasts.

Been thinking I'd really love to make some roast beef lunch meat. My thoughts are 3 hours or so of cold smoke < 100 degrees. Then 20 hours in the 131 sousvide. Finishing with a quick flame thrown sear.

How can I do this and keep the process safe?

Reactions: JLeonard
Technically there is no way. You have to clear 140F within 4 hours for food safety. You are running in the 130’s. That said as long you don’t inject you can roll with it for personal use.

I have a few threads on doing deli style roast beef .
This one uses Sirloin and the SV . Shows the time and temp I used .
This was for a knife and fork meal , but could be sliced thin .

This was just smoked , no SV . I always do it a day ahead for sandwiches , then slice cold and reheat .

Ive done venison roasts at 450 in oven type environment
15 min
lower temp to 250 till 135 internal
perfect everytime

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky