Smoke or Grill Sausage?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilipepper

Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
Toronto, ON
Hi all, I have some store bought chicken sausages which I usually just grill on my Green Egg but its going to be full today. So I thought about putting them in my Masterbuilt propane smoker. I want to cook them with some smoke flavour. I don't want them dried out.

What temp should they be cooked at and for how long? I'll be adding maple and cherry wood to the smoker. Any other tips? I've never cooked sausage in the smoker.

Are thay cured sausages or fresh. Look for sodium nitrite in the ingredients

Last edited:
Since they're fresh sausages "without" cure make sure to get them to 140* in 4 hrs. or less. Set your smoker at about 225* or so and keep an eye on them.

Next time hot smokem between 190 to 210. They will get done by the 4 hr mark and bring them to an IT of 160

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky