Smkryng vs....the beast! Or just a chuck roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smkryng

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 14, 2017
I’ve smoked a lot of s&@? since I’ve joined this forum and most have went off without a hitch! Okay maybe I’ve had lil help from the smokin masters here, but this chuck roast, for Chucky burnt ends, was my biggest nemesis! THIS GUY! RIGHT HERE!
6E8EE465-EAE4-4541-A032-E7156DFC49C5.jpeg

Unbelievable RIGHT!
Nope, completely believable!
Rubbed with Montreal Steak Seasoning (my favorite for beef)
Here it is at 10 hours IT of 190(after stalling at least twice once at 130 and once at 165)
AB292B27-B942-4BFC-8E6A-4282905D67E7.jpeg

Chopped!

0E887D2F-14E5-4A2F-B832-180D4AE15783.jpeg

Sauced and back on the smoke!

CBA5B1F9-E1CC-44FC-AC5E-E986399C5C9E.jpeg

And!!!!
2C5DA779-AE3A-4BA8-A0F6-17BF9902B48F.jpeg

Put to bed(about time!) just like I need to be!

I didn’t research this cook nearly enough, and for some reason had it in my head that 3 lbs of meat wouldn’t be more that a 6 hour cook( nothing to base this off of, just pure speculation) 10 hours later and I have a new respect for a chuck roast and I can give you all my promise, next time I will be prepared!!

It looks good from the pic's you showed. 10hrs does seem like an awful long time to me. What temp did you smoke it at?

Chris

The chuck I did Saturday was on at 4PM (thinking 3hrs tops) did not hit 200F until 11:30PM. I started the UDS at 240F and the drippings at it at 300F when I pulled it off.

It looks good from the pic's you showed. 10hrs does seem like an awful long time to me. What temp did you smoke it at?

Chris
It turned out great, just took forever. I ran the the MES at 275

The chuck I did Saturday was on at 4PM (thinking 3hrs tops) did not hit 200F until 11:30PM. I started the UDS at 240F and the drippings at it at 300F when I pulled it off.
I’ll be putting my next one on at 6 am

Testify Brother, Everyone thinks Brisket is what separates Men from Boys, but I am telling you its the Chuck Roast.

Had one kick my butt this weekend and Saturday's planned dinner was served Sunday night. And I knew better, wasn't my first Chuckie and it still kicked my butt.

I’m with ya on that! My first brisket went off without a hitch. Can’t say the same for this guy!

Looks pretty tasty. great job amigo

Thanks, it definitely turned out good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky