Best way to save a 10lb Prime Rib??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

old golfer guy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 21, 2017
Bought a Costco bone in Prime Rib for Thanksgiving. I got sick 2 days before so canceled the family dinner, wrapped roast and put in freezer. Rescheduled family dinner for today 3 /23. pulled roast on Monday and put in refer to defrost. Thur. at 3: am wife calls 411 for paramedics to take me to hospital --- blood pressure at 210, vomiting and very dizzy. Bad case of Vertigo. So cancelled family dinner again. Now I have a beautiful 10 lb. roast that I have to do something with. Thinking of smoking like I had planned on doing. Then cutting into 3 or 4 pieces, vac. sealing and freezing. When needed I can pull and reheat via S. V. for a large or small group. Does this sound like a good plan?? or is there other ideas that might be better??
Thanks for any input.

Your plan sounds doable to me. However there may be some bad joo-joo tied to that hunk of meat. Glad your feeling better.

Chris

Take care of your self first and foremost! Your plan sounds solid to me. I just did one I posted and vacuum packed some for the freezer.

Go ahead and cook it, if you're feeling up to it, and freeze what you can't eat. It'll still be good.
But if you're feeling bad, just chuck it or give to a neighbor for them to cook. Don't risk making yourself sicker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky