Seafood (scallops, lobster, & shrimp) Alfredo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So rather than a huge prime tomahawk, we opted for some seafood to change things up for the holiday meal.....

Costco, had these huge shrimp, scallops, & lobster claws......
EEE750A7-57D8-4D41-95D0-F07C99E94803.jpeg

The shrimp went on the Weber for a nice sear.....
C1341D2D-104B-4D2C-8498-A9C952694CDE.jpeg

The boy was in charge of the shrimp......looking good..
B6E097DA-3968-42FB-BD65-76E3AD809455.jpeg

Already 3 min per side......
F93E015A-3ADC-493C-8AA6-CEA3C89545EB.jpeg

With 3 min left the lobster claws were put in a pan of olive and butter to baste and warm them.....
9DB61257-77DD-46A1-ABA8-3CE7CAD54F67.jpeg

Infusing the flavor with a pinch of salt...
BA8ED7A4-3BC3-4047-8696-357EDF7DA1F5.jpeg

Oh and finally the scallops..... searing hot olive seasoned with salt and pepper....
454F22FB-8F9A-4438-9863-5B969BC385E2.jpeg

90 seconds in.....
68FF6C33-9F77-4806-8914-BD0438748B08.jpeg

And done at 3 min!!! Happy camper now!
AF7E27E7-A16C-4464-A87C-A4E3F3852CC8.jpeg

The plate is served up with my wife’s scratch made Alfredo, shaved parm, and fresh chopped herbs.....
0598CDC2-D7EE-40BA-9282-3792B3E9E8EC.jpeg

This is seafood money!
CE55306D-23E0-4C17-8D32-E21EE6538B44.jpeg

In the end, we didn’t miss out by passing on the tomahawk.....

Alfredo:
5/3C heavy cream
5tbs butter
Put both in sauce pan on simmer, once warm and butter is melted add 1C parm (freshly grated good stuff from Italy!), salt, old bay, & garlic to taste, once parm is melted add pre-cooked pasta and slowly simmer, can add some fresh chopped herbs at this point. Continue to simmer till sauce till a firm cream. Sprinkle with fresh parm and eat while warm!

I like a good steak, but I think that I'd go for you seafood Alfredo anytime.

Nicely done.

Thanks for the Alfredo recipe. No offense but what does 5/3 Cups heavy cream mean?

That perfectly peeled lobster claw sure looks good.

POINT!!

Reactions: 1MoreFord
I like a good steak, but I think that I'd go for you seafood Alfredo anytime.

Nicely done.

Thanks for the Alfredo recipe. No offense but what does 5/3 Cups heavy cream mean?

That perfectly peeled lobster claw sure looks good.

POINT!!
Thanks One eye! It was a tasty claw!

5/3c = 1 and 2/3rd cup.....5/3C way easier to type on a phone.....LOL.

Looks awesome and I'll bet it tasted even better. Heck I'd take that over a steak most of the time. Tell the wife thanks for the recipe I'll be giving it a try

Looks good Civil, seafood is a staple in our house. Lobster is currently 8.99/lb for 1.75# live lobsters. Shrimp varies daily and scallops are close to 20./lb. So trying to get all three in a meal is difficult at times. Appreciate the recipe also.

Point for sure
Chris

You win the Kewpie doll!! That is one of the most stellar meals I've ever seen. No doubt, I'd happily pay $100 a plate for that...if there was some place out there that could make it as good as you and your wife did. Fantastic meal!!

Robert

What a fantastic meal!
Definitely great for a special occasion!
Will bookmark this for later use!
Al

I wish I had reasonably priced seafood near me. It's worse than buying steak these days. :emoji_disappointed:

Once upon a time long ago I had a couple of groceries that sold snow crab leg clusters for ~$3.00 a pound and would put them on sale for $2.50-2.75. Yeah, I ate a lot of 'em. Now every place around here is about 5-6 times that and hardly ever a sale.

Wow!

I grabbed that Costco shrimp but I didn’t know they had lobster claws. Maybe it’s a regional thing? No lobster for California?
Thanks Sven! The come and go at ours so not a regular thing but oh man they are tasty!
Looks awesome and I'll bet it tasted even better. Heck I'd take that over a steak most of the time. Tell the wife thanks for the recipe I'll be giving it a try
Thanks piney! Oh my wife says she adds up to a 1/2c of cream after the cheese is melted to get the creaminess desired...she also adds 1-2 tbs of the salted pasta water in.... A GR trick.
Looks good Civil, seafood is a staple in our house. Lobster is currently 8.99/lb for 1.75# live lobsters. Shrimp varies daily and scallops are close to 20./lb. So trying to get all three in a meal is difficult at times. Appreciate the recipe also.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! The all three was a bit pricy at once, but they make for a smaller portion size.... We would have spent way more for the prime beef!
Very nice , full of flavor and colour.
My wife would kill for a plate of that,
Everything she really loves , right down to Alfredo

David
Many thanks DRK! I was a fun dish and relatively easy!
Darn fine tasty meal! Everything a growing boy needs!
Thanks Steve! Oh and 100% agree!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky