Seafood Boudin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cindra

Original poster
Jan 19, 2013
Hello,  I am making Seafood Boudin grilled and served on toasted rolls.  Is there a condiment to top this with that would put it or the top?  or just leave it alone?  Play-off football party..I gotta impress the boys!  Thanks for ur feedback, Cindra

Finely diced tomatoes, onions and jalapenos seasoned with lime juice, cilantro and some sort of cajun spice. Kinda like a Cajun pico de gallo.

Cajun pico de sounds delish....I was thinking some yellow mustard jazzed up with a heavy dose of blackening spice. You better post some pics AND the recipe.....lot of sausage heads on heads on here, myself included, gonna want it.

Or there's always remoulade sauce. This is an adaptation of a recipe I found online. It's easy and always a treat.

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 tablespoon rustic hot mustard with seeds
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish, or finely diced olives.
1 dash cayenne or blackening spice.

Or, in a pinch I've also used:

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/4 cup cocktail sauce

1 dash cayenne or blackening spice.

The latter is similar to an onion blossom sauce found in many restaurants.

A good boudin shouldn't need anything to cover or enhance the flavor . Sides would be better. Potato salad , gumbo,  or any seadood goes well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky