Charcuterie Board Fun!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tallbm

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 30, 2016
Texas
rU54Fpi.jpg

This weekend I had an amazing and fun charcuterie board experience.
I created and supplied all of the meat for this board!!!

I did not arrange the board, though I did buy the board myself hahaha.

Full disclosure, none of this meat was cure#2 dry cured but we still ran with the whole idea and it was fantastic and fun! I grilled the sausages that sliced.

From Top to bottom (top down/left to right) here are the meats I made that were used:
  • Jalapeno Cure Bacon (smoked to 145F IT so it can be served like a cold cut or fried like normal bacon)
  • Salmon Lox (Cure#1 cold smoked, never any heat put to it)
  • German Bologna
  • Pork Frank (Cure#1 and grilled)
  • TX Hot Link (Cure#1, grilled, beef and pork Texas style hot link with some kick)
  • Venison Brat (no cure at all, 80/20 venison/pork back fat)
This was a dinner for 2 and lots more crackers and such existed off board.
I basically do Keto so I took some of those low/no carb 4 inch tortillas and cut them into quarters and toasted them up in a skillet. They were perfect for my "cracker" options vs using carb heavy crackers.

I can't overstate how fun and how amazing this turned out!

Thanks for watching folks hahaha :D

Man that looks good. I’d be all over that by myself and growling at who ever came close.

Jim

That's awesome . Always better when you made the contents .
I like that board setup .

Man that looks good. I’d be all over that by myself and growling at who ever came close.

Jim
Thanks! Hahaha I completely understand that :D
That's awesome . Always better when you made the contents .
I like that board setup .
Oh yeah it was super satisfying in that regard.
I can't claim any credit for the board setup. I thought it was outstanding. She who set it up said the only flaw was 2 meats side by side, but we had no more room so it is what it is lol.
I don't know the rules of doing a board. I thought that idea was irrelevant with this amount of stuff, especially with almost all of it being created by the 2 of us.
All but 1 of the cheeses were brought back from a trip to Wisconsin so not just store fodder.
All of the jellies and sauces but 1-2 were small batch created and bought at farmers market type mom & pop setups.

So this board was very very very much created by real people in one way or another vs mass market and mass produced products :D

Fantastic looking board Tall!!! I'd be digging heavily into the Lox, and trying that bacon. How was the mouth feel on that bacon anyways?

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
Fantastic looking board Tall!!! I'd be digging heavily into the Lox, and trying that bacon. How was the mouth feel on that bacon anyways?

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks! Oh it was gooood. That bacon is the only way I make it.
Mouth feel is very rich. It's very rich because of the fat with hammy/bacon flavor. I just tell everyone it's bacon cold cuts so they can mentally process it properly even though its just safe temp bacon that you can eat like that or fry in a skillet lol :D

Looks outstanding! Nothing wrong with non-dry cured meats on a charcuterie board....but if you ever want to dive off into dry cured meat.......well, I know a guy. :emoji_wink:
Yeah, figured that was the case. It all ate very well!
yeah I would hit you up if I did any serious dry curing. I've done a little Umai whole meat stuff and that is about as far as I can reasonably go. I still need to try the Umai sausage stuff. Maybe soon :D

Quite a variety, nice!!!
It sure was. Thanks! :D

Yeah that looks really nice!! So many amazing flavors going on there I'm sure!!!

I've done a little Umai whole meat stuff and that is about as far as I can reasonably go. I still need to try the Umai sausage stuff. Maybe soon :D
Nothing wrong with Umai . Be perfect for your next board .
Umai pork cushion Prosciutto .
20221031_100928.jpg
20221031_101720.jpg
If you have time , try the sausage . I use the formula from Len Poli for
ginger salami , but follow the Umai guide lines .
It's fantastic .

View attachment 678081

This weekend I had an amazing and fun charcuterie board experience.
I created and supplied all of the meat for this board!!!

I did not arrange the board, though I did buy the board myself hahaha.

Full disclosure, none of this meat was cure#2 dry cured but we still ran with the whole idea and it was fantastic and fun! I grilled the sausages that sliced.

From Top to bottom (top down/left to right) here are the meats I made that were used:
  • Jalapeno Cure Bacon (smoked to 145F IT so it can be served like a cold cut or fried like normal bacon)
  • Salmon Lox (Cure#1 cold smoked, never any heat put to it)
  • German Bologna
  • Pork Frank (Cure#1 and grilled)
  • TX Hot Link (Cure#1, grilled, beef and pork Texas style hot link with some kick)
  • Venison Brat (no cure at all, 80/20 venison/pork back fat)
This was a dinner for 2 and lots more crackers and such existed off board.
I basically do Keto so I took some of those low/no carb 4 inch tortillas and cut them into quarters and toasted them up in a skillet. They were perfect for my "cracker" options vs using carb heavy crackers.

I can't overstate how fun and how amazing this turned out!

Thanks for watching folks hahaha :D
That looks amazing!

Very nice board, and lots of flavors….I can imagine sitting on the back porch in the fall air consuming that bite after bit watching the view of the mtns

Last edited:
American Heritage Dictionary

charcuterie

shär-koo͞″tə-rē′, -koo͞′tə-rē

noun

1. Sausages, ham, pâtés, and other cooked or processed meat foods.
High five Big C
Thanks! It was sooooo good :D

Yeah that looks really nice!! So many amazing flavors going on there I'm sure!!!
Thanks! Yeah the flavor combos were really really fun to make. The hot link with the truffle sauce and the parmesan cheese was really good. My favorite though was the brat with the really good dijon mustard and Havarti cheese!

Nothing wrong with Umai . Be perfect for your next board .
Umai pork cushion Prosciutto .
View attachment 678140
View attachment 678141
If you have time , try the sausage . I use the formula from Len Poli for
ginger salami , but follow the Umai guide lines .
It's fantastic .
Oh man that looks so awesome!
The only thing kinda stopping me from trying the sausages is the space to hang and ferment them. I guess I could use my bedroom closet but I have like no other space or way to do it lol. I really want to though.

Looks great, but that bacon really caught my eye...:emoji_grinning:
Thanks! Yeah my safe to eat out of the pack bacon is soooooooo good! I have the LEM's Jalapeno Bacon cure measurements down (I figured out a measure by weight vs their instructions).

It's my favorite and 99% of this stuff never hits a skillet in my house :emoji_astonished:

That looks amazing!
Thanks, it sure was!

Dang that looks good.
Thanks, and oh many it was fantastic!

Very nice board, and lots of flavors….I can imagine sitting on the back porch in the fall air consuming that bite after bit watching the few of the mtns
Thanks!
Ooooh, that would have been awesome to do.
My view was very very nice. Got to sit across from the pretty new lady and take in that view as we shared the board and tried all the wild combos we could come up with.
Great scenery for me as well :emoji_laughing:

Now there you go, I love the whole thing and idea ( well maybe not the lox ) but I would try to say I did

looks great and a great finger meal for sure.

David
Thanks! It was fun from idea to consumption. I see more of this in my future for sure :D

Reactions: DRKsmoking
WOW!! I've seen some impressive looking Charcuterie boards before but that one is right up there at the top with the best of the best. One incredible looking spread. Heck, you wouldn't even need to cook a "main course" with a spread like that :emoji_wink: Great food and visual perfection. Very nice.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky