Scrumptious Smoked Pot Roasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh Wow, That looks so good!!
Very kind of ya, thanks!
Well John, you did it again. Another outstanding meal!
Thank ya, thank ya very much!
[Elvis voice]
John...John...John.....I do believe you have made out my menu for the weekend.

Making my grocery list now!

Jim
Go for it Jim.
For me Pot Roast is either smoked liked this, or done Mississippi style.
And thanks for the reply and like.

Reactions: JLeonard
Rather than starting my own thread just gonna add in on yours since I followed your lead. Hope that’s ok. 2 nice sized chuck roast, seasoned up and smoked over night. Did the root veggies like you. Once at the stall, I put one in the crockpot with the roots that I smoked for an hour. Beef gravy with it. The other I wrapped for pulled beef as Bryce doesn’t like roast.
IMG_1552.jpeg
IMG_1553.jpeg IMG_1554.jpeg
Had a sammich for breakfast. Piled high on a bun with TulsaJeff TulsaJeff BBQ sauce.
IMG_1555.jpeg
Did taste the roast. Great smoked flavor gonna be good later watching football. Thanks John for the leads on this. Sorry for the high Jack!

Jim

Rather than starting my own thread just gonna add in on yours since I followed your lead. Hope that’s ok. 2 nice sized chuck roast, seasoned up and smoked over night. Did the root veggies like you. Once at the stall, I put one in the crockpot with the roots that I smoked for an hour. Beef gravy with it. The other I wrapped for pulled beef as Bryce doesn’t like roast.
View attachment 684773
View attachment 684774View attachment 684775
Had a sammich for breakfast. Piled high on a bun with TulsaJeff TulsaJeff BBQ sauce.
View attachment 684776
Did taste the roast. Great smoked flavor gonna be good later watching football. Thanks John for the leads on this. Sorry for the high Jack!

Jim
No hijack to be sorry about.
What you need to be sorry about is my lack of invitation to those Pulled Beef Sammies, delicious looking!
And the Pot Roast too!

LMAO!

5+ quarts of gravy!

You get a gravy and YOU get a gravy and YOU get a gravy!!!!!

Hell with it, just put mine in an IV drip!

delicious
GRAVY!
Gravy is a huge thing amongst a significant portion of the membership here.

I admit to drinking a small coffee cup of the gravy like most would broth. :emoji_yum:

Reactions: JLeonard
Three Chuckies into the smoker!

These were dry brined overnight, then rubbed with my Cajun spice blend and my Chicken Rub.
Four hours at 220° soaking up smoke.
View attachment 684476

Looking and smelling real good at three hours in.

View attachment 684477

Three chuckles outta da smoker, and into pans to braise in thin beef gravy.
Lots of fresh cracked pepper, whole garlic cloves and bay leaves in the gravy.

Today I had to do without the red wine that I usually add to the gravy, just too lazy to go to the store.

Cook in the oven at 375°, in tightly covered pans until beef is just getting fork tender.
Being partly cooked in the smoker it'll only take about 2 hours +/-.

View attachment 684478

I cheated today and used eight brown gravy packets to make a gallon of gravy.
To thin it out a little I added four cups of low sodium beef broth for a total of 20 cups or 1.3 gallons of gravy.
View attachment 684479View attachment 684480

Good pot roasts demand some root veggies be cooked with them.
I figured I'd smoke the veggies too... More flavor, yeah!

Spray or toss with some cooking oil, it gives the smoke something to cling to, and keeps the veggies from drying out.

Add the veggies to the roasts when the roasts are just getting fork tender.
Being partially cooked in the smoker they'll only need about 45 minutes in the 375° oven.
Leave the foil cover off and finish the cook.
View attachment 684481

Hell Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!
So tender, so smokey and so delicious!

View attachment 684482View attachment 684483

Load a bowl with a big hunk of steaming hot Chuck, tender veggies and don't forget that gravy!

I'm telling ya not to reach towards my place at the table.
Ya might get a fork in your hand.

View attachment 684484View attachment 684485

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO EVERYONE AT SMF.COM
I would love this over a plate of rice

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky