Sad day for my family

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We sure feel for ya. I've had a lot of dogs and horses I've had to part with (heck even a few cows) over the years. It's never easy. It's amazing how they sneak into your life and then become such a big part of it. Our thoughts are with ya.

Hey Werd, sorry to hear that. Our pets really do have a big place in our homes and hearts. Keep your chin up, and soon you'll find a way to fill the gap.

Take care.

Eric

So sorry to hear that. I lost my Lab 3 years ago and it still hurts. It is one of the hardest things you will ever have to do and it takes great courage to do it. But we do owe them that when it is time. My prayers go out for you and Aspen.

Ed, you got to remember that we are all family here. What affects one of us affects us all. We share in the joys and sorrows that is life. Thank you for sharing with us.

I was going to share "Rainbow Bridge" with you but Vettegirl beat me to it.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours at this sad time. When you're ready, go get another pup. Right now your probably saying "But I don't want another dog"-I know, I've been where you are now and have said those same words. When you feel the time is right don't forget about those pups that are in the animal shelters. They deserve a good home that is filled with a loving family. Another pup will never really fill the void of the pup you had to put down, but they sure have a way of easing the pain that is left behind.

Rev. D-

WoW....That's heavy.......What a beautiful story.

Every once in a while I think about the day that my wife and I will have to say good-bye to our border collie/lab mix. It just tears me up.
I will remember this story and I am sure it will soften the blow.
Thank you for sharing that......

Werdwolf,
My heart goes out to you and yours, hang in there man.
Ron

About a week earlier, I found our longtime pet Pesky the Cat, whose contract had expired on our porch. I know how many feel about cats, but he was the most lovable, attentive guy--he'd come in every morning, jump on the bed and wait for his head rub. We had him 'bout 12 1/2 years, and he was a couple three when he adopted us; more like stumble onto us on the brink of starvation. Aspen is probably tryin' to play with him, and he's ignoring her. That's the way he always treated the interloper, Lizzie PitBull. Peace, love and Pets!
kitch

I know this is belated, but I just discovered the thread. My greatest sympathies on losing your friend and companion. I can relate because my wife and I lost our lab to cancer just about a year ago after him being a part of our family for 13 years. I still miss him, and think of him often. God bless all dog lovers.

We just lost our dog of 12 1/2 years on Dec 1. I still miss her alot. Thanks for giving me a reason to think of her!

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Its been eight years since we lost our Nohea, and though we have her sister and 2 other doggies, we still miss her. Take Care.

Sorry to hear about your loss.
I've had my little girl for almost 14 years and I'm sure that time will be coming.
Years ago a girlfriend of mine had a dog, we lived together a few years. When we broke up she left the dog with me. I liked that. But after a few weeks it got sick and died. I was totally crushed, swore I would never have one again. I found this one walking through traffic on my street, nobody ever claimed her ( their loss) been the best dog ever.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My dogs are as loved as my children are. I have lost a few over the years and its the hardest thing I have ever gone through.

I will say a prayer for Aspen .

My pups and I will throw a stick in Aspens honor tomorrow at the park.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Have gone through this twice in two years with my "Children". Its never easy. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours and of course Aspen.

God, I hate reading these. My little guy is 14 now and losing his hearing. I know he is on the downside of life. He has been such a joy to my wife and I. I will feel your pain one day. Hopefully not too soon.
Remember the good times you had. You'll meet again on the Rainbow Bridge.

Aww man. I'm sorry to hear about this. We're all thinking of you. Many of us have felt the loss of a family member, pets included, and understand what you're going through. Keep your chin up and you will get through this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky