Sad day for my family

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Only those who have experienced it know it.
They are ALWAYS home and ALWAYS happy to see you.

Sucks.
Good friends they are.

Werdwolf - please accept my condolences. Lots of dog lovers around here. Me definitely included. It's never easy to let go of a friend, especially when they are that loyal. Take care and be sure to show us pics when you get your next one!

Sorry to hear of your loss Werdwolf. Know what you are going through. Had to put one of our lab brothers down a few years ago. Had a brain tumor and it was the only choice. But the choice hurts. Good luck to you and your family.

Sorry to hear Werd...nothing worse than tryin to make that decision. Hang in there!!

my dog died a little over 2 years ago. still hard. they are man's best friend. quality of life is huge for a dog. u have to believe u made the right decision. sorry to hear.

Very sorry to hear about that - she was so pretty! Condolences to all who have *ever* had to make the same decision... it's one of the most heart-wrenching things a person must do.

We had a canine pal who was 16 when he passed, and there's no doubt, furry friends are indeed family.

I am really sorry for your loss, but this might give you some solace......

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

angelsad2.gif
angelsad2.gif
angelsad2.gif

I must say my wife and I are amazed at the support!

I expected maybe 10-12 replies and a few viewers. Never expected all of this.

This site really is about the people here.

God bless all of you for the support (and of course the smoking stuff) and kind thoughts.

Ed, Jan, and family

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky