Rough time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
So this past friday was our high schools homecoming. During the pregame ceremony a senior girl collapsed right at mid field as they were announcing her. ( this happened right in front of us as I am on the group of football dads that set up an inflatable helmet for the boys to run through). The other dads and I just figured it was nerves or a lack of food or water combined with the heat. Squad takes her away, game goes on as scheduled. Halfway through the first quarter a buddy of mine stops by late because of checking deer cameras. Says he passed the squad pulled over and they had the family there. We keep it to ourselves because we dont really know what is going on for sure. Turns out she had passed away. By half time, faculty and coaches were informed. The boys from each team hugged at center field and the game was cancelled. The whole student body massed on the field along with several parents and facilty.Ive never been around that many people with that much sadness and discontent in one place. It was surreal! I barely knew the kid, but that amount hurt and pain on all those kids faces had me in a bad place!
Hug your kids, tell them you love them, text or call if they have already left the house. You just never know!

Sorry to hear that Buckeyedude! Horrible for the family and the Community!! Yeah 19 and 17 year olds in my house. Can't even imagine!

Reactions: Buckeyedude
“ safe and effective ” has turned into “ suddenly and tragically “ to a lot of young people around here. Thoughts and prayers to the family. Very sad!

Terrible for sure. I heard about it that night as I'm not all that far from you in Ohio. All the parents and kids here in Willard are thinking of the family and impacted community. Such a tragedy.

Up here too. Front page of our paper. I am equally sad and angry.

20231003_154957_resized.jpg

Thanks for the kind words fellas. The community is definitely torn up with this, but the support from far and near has been astronomical! They have decided to have the memorial service at a local university on saturday because of the room offered and anticipated numbers of people in support!
Thanks again and dont take anything or anyone for granted!

Wow! And to top this off, I just found out that the adjacent school in our county just lost a senior boy last night. I cant get into the details of it, but these schools are 9 mile apart. Basically everyone knows each other. This is just crazy!

Wow! And to top this off, I just found out that the adjacent school in our county just lost a senior boy last night. I cant get into the details of it, but these schools are 9 mile apart. Basically everyone knows each other. This is just crazy!
Man I hope that's a rumor or miscommunication or just plain BS!

I know I'm late responding but am very sorry to hear about this. It actually made national headlines and I read the story, which was highlighted on my browser. So sad to hear things like this. Prayers to all who were associated with this event.

Robert

That's terrible news! I can't imagine and don't want to. Our condolences to family and friends.

Ryan

Wow this is so sad for all involved. Just never know when you wake up in the morning what can happen during the day. The first thing everyone yells is drug's (hope that was not the case). Condolences to all the family and friends.

Warren

I'm at a total loss for words here. What a terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to the young woman's family and all those that witnessed this.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky