Checking In

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I cannot have pets because I cannot take it when they die - I cry like a fricken baby.

Sorry for you buddy.

Reactions: chopsaw
So sorry to hear Brian. I know you have been going through a lot with her in the past year, so hopefully that reminded you it wouldn't be forever.
Haven't had a dog since I was growing up.
My wife took in a cat from friends that promptly attached herself to me. 18 years later, I had to put her down in the middle of Covid. Luckily the Vet let me stay with her to the end.

Wishing you the best with your hands.

There's always a bright side. I'm assuming Gretchen died a natural death and you did not have to make the decision to put her down. She spared you that pain.
Yeah it all happened within a day. Making that decision is always the hardest part and so glad I did not have to do it this time.

Thanks for all the kind comments. Couple positives came out of it. I got a 2018 truck now. Now if I still had my boat. Thanks to chopsaw chopsaw for all his help. I have my first vacation in 20 years with my brother and his wife going to Play Del Carmen in Mexico in a couple weeks. The prednisone is really messing with me but it is helping. I am able to use my hands again and swelling has gone down. Now if I can just stay away from the video games for a while!

20231103_121636.jpg

Sorry to hear about Gretchen Brian, I knew she was a big part of your life and I enjoyed every time you mentioned her and posted pics by the river. I hope your hands get better so you can enjoy the truck and vacation.

Two wrongs did make a right this time Brian. Sorry to hear about Gretchen. That's never easy, and to top it off with your hands bothering you - double whammy. The truck looks great. My truck just crapped out on me. While driving home from work. I threw a wheel bearing and somehow one of my break lines also broke. A 20 mile white knuckle drive home with partial steering and brakes. Long story short with the above and a frame that's starting to rust out. I'm selling the truck for parts, and bought a 2023 Subaru Forester. Things will get better for ya buddy keep the chin up.

Chris

Two wrongs did make a right this time Brian. Sorry to hear about Gretchen. That's never easy, and to top it off with your hands bothering you - double whammy. The truck looks great. My truck just crapped out on me. While driving home from work. I threw a wheel bearing and somehow one of my break lines also broke. A 20 mile white knuckle drive home with partial steering and brakes. Long story short with the above and a frame that's starting to rust out. I'm selling the truck for parts, and bought a 2023 Subaru Forester. Things will get better for ya buddy keep the chin up.

Chris
you will fit right in VT with that subie...lol for the record we have 3 of them in the family....lol

Reactions: gmc2003
you will fit right in VT with that subie...lol for the record we have 3 of them in the family....lol
I couldn't justify the 60 to 80 thousand for another truck, and wanted something with multiple wheel drive. Still way to many bells, whistles, and buttons for an older gentleman.

Chris

I couldn't justify the 60 to 80 thousand for another truck, and wanted something with multiple wheel drive. Still way to many bells, whistles, and buttons for an older gentleman.

Chris
yeah we got my mother a 2019 outback...still has the knobs for ac/radio. The 2020 went to a huge screen and everything controlled on screen...not good for 90 year old...they are great in the snow

Brian, I am so sorry to hear about Gretchen and understand the pain of losing her, it is truly heartbreaking😢. Our dogs are 4-legged, fur covered children to us and my only complaint is that they don't live long enough. But I try to focus on the joy they bring us throughout their short lives and find comfort knowing that we always love them and take the best care of them that we can.

Congrats on the new truck. I've been sorta looking for one myself and you've got exactly what I want. Enjoy it and your upcoming vacation, buddy...

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Brian, I am so sorry to hear about Gretchen and understand the pain of losing her, it is truly heartbreaking😢. Our dogs are 4-legged, fur covered children to us and my only complaint is that they don't live long enough. But I try to focus on the joy they bring us throughout their short lives and find comfort knowing that we always love them and take the best care of them that we can.
I couldn't have said that better.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is always so very hard saying goodbye to a friend for the last time. Hopefully you can give another friend a great life.

JC :emoji_cat:

So sorry, I know how close you were with her, you could tell by how hard you searched for med's to keep her comfortable as she aged.
I lost my last Lab. over 6 yrs ago, and I'm still not over it, I don't think you ever get over things like this. You are the only one that will know when the timing is right to get another pup. For me personally, I have not been able to get another dog. It's one of those things that I will someday most likely regret.
An empty house is hard to deal with, pass your time with friends and family as much as you can.

I wish you luck.

Sorry, brother.
Dan.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky