Ribs in short time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jfv316

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 15, 2016
What’s up pros? Need some insight. I usually do baby back ribs low and slow, but today I’m short on time. Is it possible to get that fall-off-the-bone goodness in 4 hours , smoking 2 racks? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Easy, turn up the heat..325/350 for two hours then foil for one..perhaps a little more time unwrapped depending on tenderness.
I don't like too much liquid added in the foil when wrapping, I think the pork makes it's own liquid.
Do however save whatever liquid you find when you unwrap, it goes great mixed into your mop sauce if you use one.

What’s up pros? Need some insight. I usually do baby back ribs low and slow, but today I’m short on time. Is it possible to get that fall-off-the-bone goodness in 4 hours , smoking 2 racks? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Note. I will be traveling for a half hour. If I wrap the shit out of it, will it still cook a bit en route? Thank you

Wrapping will get you there…never tried 4 hours on purpose but I can do St. Louis Style in 5 hours, easy, at 275F unwrapped.

Wrapping will get you there…never tried 4 hours on purpose but I can do St. Louis Style in 5 hours, easy, at 275F unwrapped.

do you still get that fall off the bone finish?

do you still get that fall off the bone finish?
In my experience, if you are looking for fall off the bone you can get that running at 275° for 2hrs unwrapped, then wrap for 1.5hrs and run at 300°. If you want complete fob go for two hours wrapped. I don't much care for it but a lot of guests like it. There is still some texture this way, not complete mush.

you're gonna want to wrap for FOTB.

275*F, 2hrs naked, 1.5hrs wrapped, then 1/2hr unwrapped

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky