Ribeye Steak and Fried Potatoes with Onions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin' in AZ

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 13, 2019
Chandler and Show Low Arizona
Just a quick cook I did Monday night after driving back up the mountain to our house there.

It was just me so as per my usual tradition I did steak and potatoes.

Steak into the vacuum marinator.
IMG_20200601_143345414.jpg

Then some seasonings, steak and chop and fresh cracked pepper.
IMG_20200601_143326886.jpg

Vacuumed and into the fridge for a quick dry brine.

Then got the potatoes sliced up and into a skillet with some salt, pepper, and EVOO.
IMG_20200601_170307382.jpg

Then sliced the onions and into the pool.
IMG_20200601_170303923.jpg

And then onto the side burner of the Weber.
IMG_20200601_174758882.jpg

Steaks out of the fridge for 1/2 hr to room temp and onto the grill.
IMG_20200601_174939665.jpg

Cooked up to 135 internal and plated with the taters and did up some corn.
IMG_20200601_181751382.jpg

Been awhile since I had this meal and it did not disappoint.

Quick and easy, as it was a fairly full day packing up the truck then the 3 hr drive and then unpacking and opening up the house took most of the day.

Thanks for lookin'!

John

Great looking meal my friend. A fine way to give yourself a treat after a really busy day. When I get a dinner by myself it's either chicken or something that swims...but no way in the world would I turn down that meal.

Robert

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Another excellent looking meal John. Sometimes we just need to treat ourselves.

Point for sure
Chris

Four of my favorite food there, John, and cooked beautifully. I could sure handle a meal like that.
I'm like Robert. When it's just me, it's always at least one meal of salmon. Since I'm the only one that likes salmon (except for my 2 year old grandson), I generally don't cook it unless I'm alone.
POINT
Gary

Beautiful piece of work John, a meal fit for a king, Like! RAY
Thanks Ray for the like, and it was a good one that's for sure.

John thats a great looking ribeye! And I love potato and onions! Great meal!
Thanks Travis for the like, and nice comments. I have said it a million times but am going to say it again, I could eat steak and taters for every meal!

Steak, potatoes, onions and some corn... thats my kinda meal right there looks awesome
Thanks Mark for the like, as I just said, my favorite meal!

Looks good from down here.
Those fried taters are to die to for too!
Thanks SecondHand for the like, and nice comment. I have to say fried taters and onions are becoming my favorite over baked....

John

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Looks delicous John
Thanks for the like Jim, and the nice comment. It tasted like it looked!

Mighty fine plate of food there! Like!
Thank you Steve for the like, and kind words.
Had the leftover steak with over easy eggs for breakfast the next day.

Great looking meal my friend. A fine way to give yourself a treat after a really busy day. When I get a dinner by myself it's either chicken or something that swims...but no way in the world would I turn down that meal.

Robert
Thank you for the like Robert, and it was a nice treat. Got the next three nights alone so smoked meatloaf tonight, but still haven't decided what the next couple of nights.

Another excellent looking meal John. Sometimes we just need to treat ourselves.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks for the like Chris, and kind words....It was definitely a treat.

John

John , I thought I left a comment .
That's a favorite meal of mine for sure . Wish I had a mountain to cook it on ! Nice work .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky