Questions regarding cold smoked venison leg

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

onesmoker

Original poster
Dec 10, 2013
Hello. To start this is my first post on this forum. Been on for a long time. Smoking for the past 5 years. I have a venison leg that i have already started the process of an air dry cure. But i have had the idea of a cold smoke on my home built. I can and have used a remote fire for cold smoking with cheese and fish. I am wondering if the exposure to smoke would in any way mess with the traditional methods end result? Or if anybody has tried this type of thing before

Forgot, i know people like pictures. Leg of said deer. 12 lbs. And around here is all farm so they eat well.

Attachments

• 20181202_214222.jpg
    20181202_214222.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 20
Smoking a Dry Cured Leg? The Southern folks have been dry curing and smoking Country Hams for a couple hundred years. I think you will be ok....JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky