Habsolutely Habanero Venison Pepper Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Big Shout Out to jcam222 jcam222 for offering up some of his hot sauces as a prize for one of the Throwdowns.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/habsolutely-habanero-sauce.322688/

I was the lucky recipient. Was going to fry up some venison backstrap pepper steaks tonight for a quick meal. Gathering what I needed and dang! Out of Tabasco (my go-to for the milk soak)...Oh yeah, lets try out Jeff's hot sauce!

Everybody in the pool! I used about 1/2 TBSP. of the Habsolutely Habanero. Great Sauce!
IMG_20231113_174841.jpg

Batter up .......o........o...........o..........o........o ~~~~~~
IMG_20231113_175817.jpg

(double batter that is...)
IMG_20231113_181220.jpg

and inda lodge frying pan... (thank you Steve H Steve H for the lodge pan as the 2nd prize I won)
IMG_20231113_181351.jpg

And done! Like I said....nothing fancy. Ate this with leftover garlic cheese grits from this morning. but it was good!
IMG_20231113_182151.jpg

Perfectly cooked medium rare...
IMG_20231113_181924.jpg

Thanks for looking and thank you again guys for the prizes!

Nice cook .
.been frying venison this way for as long as I can remember.
I was bird hunting in Iowa years ago . Long cold day walking fields .
Got back to the cabin and my buddy fried up some backstrap just like you did .
Fantastic , and the best way to eat it in my opinion .

Nice cook .

I was bird hunting in Iowa years ago . Long cold day walking fields .
Got back to the cabin and my buddy fried up some backstrap just like you did .
Fantastic , and the best way to eat it in my opinion .
Thanks Rich. Yep. Old camp favorite. Hard to beat.....

Big Shout Out to jcam222 jcam222 for offering up some of his hot sauces as a prize for one of the Throwdowns.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/habsolutely-habanero-sauce.322688/

I was the lucky recipient. Was going to fry up some venison backstrap pepper steaks tonight for a quick meal. Gathering what I needed and dang! Out of Tabasco (my go-to for the milk soak)...Oh yeah, lets try out Jeff's hot sauce!

Everybody in the pool! I used about 1/2 TBSP. of the Habsolutely Habanero. Great Sauce!
View attachment 680987

Batter up .......o........o...........o..........o........o ~~~~~~
View attachment 680988

(double batter that is...)
View attachment 680989

and inda lodge frying pan... (thank you Steve H Steve H for the lodge pan as the 2nd prize I won)
View attachment 680990

And done! Like I said....nothing fancy. Ate this with leftover garlic cheese grits from this morning. but it was good!
View attachment 680992

Perfectly cooked medium rare...
View attachment 680991

Thanks for looking and thank you again guys for the prizes!
Looks amazing! Would you mind sharing your milk soak process? Whole milk? Seasoning? Straight from the milk to the batter? What is the batter?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky