"OTBS"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
icon_smile.gif

Well I guess I wasn't all alone in feeling guilty then hehe. I'm not worthy. Seriously. Please feel free to transfer my OTBS status to Glued2it, he is way more deserving than myself. I have so much to learn still, but I'm having fun doing it with you all helping me and thats the important part!

I certatinly don't want to contribute to diminishing the value of the OTBS.

Well I made a couple of post in this thread and both were in a joking manner. Boy did I pick the wrong thread for that! Let me apologize to all for even posting in this thread. But since I have let me just say I joined this site to learn more about smoking meat and this is the best site I came across. The members are very helpful and the info here is endless. This is the part that is going to upset some folks, I don't belong to nor do I want to belong to any club, organization, or secret society for this very reason. Poeple always end up feeling let down or feelings hurt or he/she got in why didn't joe blow get in. I am happy with just looking, learning, helping when I can, and having a good time doing it. What ever ya'll do remember this is a web site not a contest. Hope ya'll get this thing all worked out without any hard feelings.

RIP - This isn't a secret society, club, or organization. The OTBS is an honor badge that should show that we are good people willing to help others when they need it. That may not be Dutch's point of view and I'm sure he will correct me if I'm wrong.

To all others.. Concerning the OTBS Re-Vamping

This is Dutch's baby and he has a life outside of SMF to deal with. He is trying to make sure that the layout is clear and concise, along with dealing with his job and family. There is no need to pressure anyone into rushing this out.

If you are waiting to be reviewed then you should wait quietly. If you are wanting to nominate someone you should wait until the system is back in place.

When the new system is in place and Dutch is ready to announce the procedures then he will re-open this thread.

Until then Keep Smokin and Sharing your Q-View.

Thanks for your understanding

PC

It is time to reopen the OTBS thread. Here are the criteria for nomination:

The Nominee should
1- be a SMF member in good standing.
2- be active in the forums for at least 3 months.
3- knows and be able to demonstrate the art of the thin blue smoke by posting q-vue of a successful smoke.
4- willing to share tips and recipes.

There will be now be three types of nominations; General; Special; and Self-nomination.

General Nominations to the OTBS can be made by anyone.

Special Nominations to the OTBS are made by the Moderators and/or Admin. This nomination is made in recognition of a member’s Outstanding contributions to SMF.

Self-nomination to the OTBS will still be permitted but the candidate must post their request to a Moderator for consideration. This candidate will be held to a higher standard and closer scrutiny. Once the request has been discussed by the Moderators and the candidate deemed worthy, the request for OTBS membership will be granted.

Once a person is nominated and the nomination has been seconded, they will be placed on a “Squires” list for a period of time.During this time, their posts and interactions with forum members will be monitored.

And a fair lad is that Dutch! Let the games begin...

Thanks for the clarification Dutch.

HUA

P.S. Your wicked baked
beans are the best! I've
had people tell me they
usually don't like beans
but they loved yours!
Thanks!!!

I agree, it's nice to see the SMF OTBS back up and running for the Christmas season. At least that's the only thing I can think of that would possibly matter in the SMF OTBS thread.
mad.gif

Dutch, I am glad to see you have come up with some guidelines that should make the OTBS run smoother again. Looks good to me, pretty much the self imposed guidlines it ran on before the rush. Looks good my friend.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

As far as any feelings that it is unfair or secret I would submit just the opposite. It had became unfair and clique oriented and now we have more solid guidelines established by the man who started it that will apply to all. It was the desire to be fair and nice that let it get way out of control in the first place. There is an old saying. When you lower the standards, you end up with a lower standard of people. While some may feel it is snobbish, if some degree of standards aren't upheld does a nomination or membership even mean anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky