First smoke - Moinks!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sumosmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 29, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, FL
It's been over 10 years since I fired up my Lang, and drifted away from smoking meats as other adventures took my time away from tending to a smoker. For my birthday this past year I received a Traeger Pro 575 pellet grill and just completed my first smoke, moinks! The ease of using an electric smoker versus a stick burner was super convenient, and the smoker performed well!
As others have mentioned, the smoke profile from the pellet smoke was very light compared to that of my Lang but nonetheless, it was a tasty smoke.

Seasoned up and ready to begin the smoke journey

Moinks on the smoker.jpg

Finished, after 2 hours (internal temp = 165)

IMG_5541.JPG

IMG_5542.JPG

A very thin smoke ring

IMG_5543.JPG

Nice first cook! Bet they are tasty.
Mmmmm

Nice job.

Warren
Thank you!

Awesome! I'm lovin' the cheesy cut shot.
HD q-vue! 😂

Looks good. When I had my Traeger I found that lumberjack pellets along with a pellet tube inside added plenary if smoke flavor! Just an option if your looking for more smoky taste
Thanks! I’ve looked at the smoke tubes and wanted to try my first smoke without one to get a baseline “taste” from the rig. Will be investing in a smoke tube to continue my pellet smoking journey!

Moinks are one of my favorite smoked apps, and yours look really good.

Point for sure
Chris

• Love
Reactions: sumosmoke
Nice job
Pig shots and moinks are top of the list for snack food.

I prefer using a smoke tube in the pellet pooper for more flavor.
My wife prefers no smoke tube and just the light kiss from pooper. I use Bear Mountain Oak in the hopper.

Reactions: sumosmoke
Those look great !! Awesome to see you back at it . 👍👍
Thanks Mike! It was great to smell the smoke and get back at it!

They look awesome nice job. Bet they tasted really good after 10 years without any
Learned a lot of these things with you, Buddy!! They definitely tasted good and felt good getting back at it.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky