Ordered New Fridge Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
My old side by side fridge not been cooling as good as it should on fridge side. Pretty sure because it is just to full and not enough air flow. The drawers are broke also so said go for it. It is a GE French Door on sale for $1500. Now I have 3 fridges and a freezer. Think I may have a problem! Now I going to have to figure out where to put old one. I don't even have room for a kitchen table! I really need a bigger house but to late now.

6498111cv1d.jpg 6498111cv21d.jpg

Last edited:
I had one like that. Loved the french doors and fridge on top. Although I wasnt too thrilled with the bottom freezer. Seemed like it didnt hold much. I'm sure it'll be great for you. You got other freezers, And I was trying to keep it stocked for a 15 yo boy!!

Jim

Reactions: clifish
I have 4 freezers, 2 refrigerators, a 13c.u. ft. freezer for my old dry curing chamber and my new 42.5 cu. ft dry curing chamber.

Oh- and can't forget about my 4cu.ft. accelerated drying chamber too!! LOL!

Yeah, normal.......

Freezer and fridge anonymous is awaiting your arrival....
And there isn't a box, bag, or package of pre-frozen store bought crap in any of them! All full of the bounty that Louisiana provides....crawfish, shrimp, crab, frog legs, salt water fish, fresh water fish, waterfowl, wild turkey, Deer, Wild hog, and a whole lot of smoke sasuage!!! LOL! (and fresh sausage too...)

Reactions: DemonPit
Great choice in a new fridge. I don't know if any one brand is better than another these days.

I grew up with a fridge on top of the freezer. They were more expensive than the reverse, but my mother insisted.
Same when I got married many years ago, had to search out the top fridge. It finally was in the death mode, but worked enough to get $50 from utility company plus they hauled it away.
Replaced with a french door (now the current trend but still a premium price?)
Garage fridge is an aging top freezer unit, but it doesn't run all the time so it stays next to the 30 yo upright freezer that also doesn't run all the time. This is MN.

FL we have a side by side in the apartment. I despise those things. Both sides never have enough room? I need to get a small chest freezer.
Then I will catch up with the appliance hoarders?

I have found several of those bottom mounts with freon leaks that I couldn't find, I hate 600r freon, they won't put a dye drier in them from the factory, it might cost a $1 more. keep a warranty on any new unit, they are not made like they use to be. it's a good thing to have plenty of storage space but folks tend to keep frozen food long after it should have been thrown out. Vac pack is best

Reactions: motocrash
For our food, I have 1 fridge and 1 chest freezer. If only I had stopped there….1 chest freezer in the garage for the dog’s food, one small fridge in the barn for horse stuff, one small fridge downstairs, and that’s it! I don’t need to count the beer fridge do I? No one is counting the beer fridge right?

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
I have a very small room where you come into the house that I making room to put old fridge in. I hope there is enough current on this circuit for it. It was suppose to be the living room but preacher that had this house built an add on room in the back that I use for living room. He did a pretty bad job of building it but it is what it is. The garage is barely big enough to get car in. This house really sucks but would cost to much to upgrade now unless I win the lotto! I should of upgraded years ago! My biggest regret!

Got that same fridge, another beer fridge in garage along with small chest freezer, and large upright freezer in basement. Freezers pretty much full of deer meat in numerous ways, baked goods, and fish.

My old side by side fridge not been cooling as good as it should on fridge side. Pretty sure because it is just to full and not enough air flow. The drawers are broke also so said go for it. It is a GE French Door on sale for $1500. Now I have 3 fridges and a freezer. Think I may have a problem! Now I going to have to figure out where to put old one. I don't even have room for a kitchen table! I really need a bigger house but to late now.

View attachment 673682View attachment 673683
I have the same style in PA and I hate it. I don't like having to go on my knees to rumage through to find anything...but that may just be me.

Reactions: JLeonard
See we are all normal haha

I have 4 freezers, 2 refrigerators, a 13c.u. ft. freezer for my old dry curing chamber and my new 42.5 cu. ft dry curing chamber.

Oh- and can't forget about my 4cu.ft. accelerated drying chamber too!! LOL!

Yeah, normal.......
Dang it! I only have a chest freezer and the kitchen fridge. I am waaayyyyy behind. Guess I need to work a couple of extra shifts.

Jim

Dang it! I only have a chest freezer and the kitchen fridge. I am waaayyyyy behind. Guess I need to work a couple of extra shifts.

Jim
I'm right there with you JL.... One fridge, one chest freezer. But it's only me here so I can live for like 4 months off of what I have if needed.

And new fridges.... Very pretty but we all know the quality isn't there anymore. My current fridge was the garage "beer fridge" when I bought my house 23 years ago. It's a Roper!!! Who remembers where those were sold?

Sad to say that NO fridge today will last anywhere near as long as that little trooper! I'm about to do a kitchen remodel and the Roper will go back to beer duty in the garage. I won't dump her till she dies for good.

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky