refrigerator went toes up

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The door flap builds minerals under it,
I was cleaning that the best I could without taking anything apart . Sure sign was when water dripped from that spot . I think that's what started the trouble after I replaced the rest of the stuff . I had to replace the ice bin , because it was all busted up from the ice melting and refreezing . Trying to dispense a frozen block of ice will do that . It got really bad after that . I checked the gasket on the ice bin , and it looked the same , I don't know . I can get it back going , but can't get the ice maker out because it's so froze up . Need to unplug and let it sit . Hard to do when it's full of food .
I always go back to my Kenmore I bought when I was 25 years old . In the garage running like a champ as we speak . I turned 63 last December .

Reactions: MJB05615
The last appliance appliance retailer in town stopped selling due to high amount of damage on incoming products and poor response from their suppliers.
They were the ones that told me to avoid LG and Samsung
Probably not an option for you where you live but we buy local here. Even if things cost a bit more than a big box store. For the main reason that they have repairmen that can fix them.

Ryan
Yeah, that doesn't always work either. Got our Maytag French Door fridge in the next town from a respected ND retailer. Well, they closed up shop a couple years later. Closest store is now 70 miles away. I'm going to curse myself, but zero issues in almost 10 years.

end of story. thank you all.
bought new GE today
Wishing you the best John.
What style did you get?
Got a 40 year old GE in the breezeway that came with the house. It is MY fridge and wife asks permission to put anything in there.

• Haha
Reactions: fxsales1959
We had the original samsung quad door with all the ice maker issues (two actually) and both were same pos. Samsung would not back their product even with extended watranty. They have redesigned the water and ice maker due to the issues and lawsuits. We bought the new version 2.5 years ago and have not had any Problems. It has two ice bins with regular and mini cubes in the freezer. The water has a push fill and also a pitcher that auto fills. We love the new model and have had zero problems with it. One of the lower quad zones can switch between fridge and freezer. It is nice having the extra fridge space un the switch zone. We have an upright freezer so freeze space isnt an issue.

Reactions: chopsaw
I haven't had to work on the coffee maker part but the control board for it is on the bottom of the door, icemaker board is on the top, everything is electronic these days.

The last appliance appliance retailer in town stopped selling due to high amount of damage on incoming products and poor response from their suppliers.
They were the ones that told me to avoid LG and Samsung

Yeah, that doesn't always work either. Got our Maytag French Door fridge in the next town from a respected ND retailer. Well, they closed up shop a couple years later. Closest store is now 70 miles away. I'm going to curse myself, but zero issues in almost 10 years.

Wishing you the best John.
What style did you get?
Got a 40 year old GE in the breezeway that came with the house. It is MY fridge and wife asks permission to put anything in there.
GE side by side. I'm lazy.. thru door ice and water. never use water but do drink a fair number of cocktails

Instead of another post. Home depot delivery was efficient and courteous, and spoke english.
All done ge frig front.jpg

inside frig.jpg

wow…. So I bought an LG “garage fridge” last year. MEGA POS. freezer super cold, refer too warm. Messed with it a couple days, went past the no hassle return date by a couple hours…fought with LG and HD. Eventually got refunded and no one wanted it back. It been winter and ok, when summer comes..we’ll see. Never buy LG crap.

as for the primary. I am not a side by side fan at all but a GE sxs is what came in the house. It’s ok. Ice maker is very good.

When the GE dies, im thinking about a Bosch. Scoped one out. But could just be a luck of the draw.

GE dishwasher that was 5 years old just stopped. Tried a few parts replacement and bought a Bosch. My last Bosch was still running 10 years later when we moved.

Its all frustrating and disappointing.

Years ago I had a very small whirlpool sxs, it was slow to dispense ice, my son had no pataince and would open the door raise the icemaker arm get a glass of ice and forget to put the arm down, 3 days latter I would ask my wife if the son had been over ya about 3 days ago how'd you know ? :emoji_laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: Fueling Around
Be aware fxsales1959 fxsales1959 as I just found out, this new fridge's water filter now has a rfid chip under the label. If you buy an aftermarket filter the fridge will not dispense water! I am going to see about finding it on the old one and apply to an aftermarket one. Total BS
:emoji_angry:

Be aware fxsales1959 fxsales1959 as I just found out, this new fridge's water filter now has a rfid chip under the label. If you buy an aftermarket filter the fridge will not dispense water! I am going to see about finding it on the old one and apply to an aftermarket one. Total BS
Yep and the GE filters are money lol.

Reactions: clifish

That's BS.

Didn't Traeger try something similar saying your warranty is void if you don't use their pellets ?

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky