Orange Marmalade Spiral Sliced Ham on the rotisserie?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fwismoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
North East Indiana
...Yes and it goooooood!!! Oh man was it good. The glaze soaked into the slices as it was basting with each rotation. This 10 lb ham was gone in a 10 minutes. The leftover from the back end and the bones is going in a simmering pot with pinto beans. 
thumb.gif

Used OctoForks to hold it together in addition to 1 stainless steel skewer. 

That looks like the perfect way to smoke a spiral ham.

I usually don't smoke them, cause they want to dry out.

Yours looks perfect!

Point!

Al

That looks like the perfect way to smoke a spiral ham.

I usually don't smoke them, cause they want to dry out.

Yours looks perfect!

Point!

Al
Thank you Al. Oh it was incredible.  Definitely didn't take long to heat through because of the slices. Total time might have been  couple of hours and after the first hour it got glazed every 15 minutes

Looks like a tasty meal Keith. You almost have me talked into ordering some tentacle skewers!
Thanks Case and yes real tasty!   Put pomagranate plum juice, and soy sauce with the marmalade which made for some amazing glazing!      

Oh I can't imagine what you turn out using the OctoForks. lol     I'll put in a good word with the owner to get you a deal. ;)

Last edited:
What other fork system can you cook a presliced meat on and not fall off???  None that I can thing of.

Great looking ham Keith.

What other fork system can you cook a presliced meat on and not fall off???  None that I can thing of.

Great looking ham Keith.
Thanks Adam.   ...and yea it'd be tough to spin a spiral ham otherwise. 
Looks tasty! I do prefer my leftover ham to be in potatoes.
I'll take some ham, taters and green beens too!    Although soaking some pintos overnight and simmering a ham bone with lots of meat on it is tough to beat.     I had sweet onion, garlic, cumin and salt as the seasonings...Oh my good

Thanks Case and yes real tasty!   Put pomagranate plum juice, and soy sauce with the marmalade which made for some amazing glazing!      

Oh I can't imagine what you turn out using the OctoForks. lol     I'll put in a good word with the owner to get you a deal. ;)

Order me up a set of tentacle grabbers!

That looks downright delicious Keith. I love ham and I love Marmelade so whats not to like.

Spinning it sure kept it moist. My last spiral came out pretty dry.

Gary
Thanks Gary.  I gotta say I've been getting to be a big fan of using preserves for glazes or to mix in other homemade sauces/glazes. 

I've heard the same thing from others on spirals coming out dry.   IDK maybe you cooked it too long?  Spinning it like this sure didn't take long so I don't think it got a chance to dry out and when it's glazed the liquid could seep down between the slices so that could have helped.  The left over glaze I just poured over the slices and wow it was tasty. 

You should try one like this.  Keith

I have never been a fan of spiral hams but you may be converting me!

Disco
LOL. good

Disco I just think people tend to over cook them.  When I'd grate cook them I always put them flat side down in a pan so it could collect the basting glaze/juices.   Spinning  this one  sure cooked fast.  If I would have let it go like a solid ham it would have been dry. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky