One For SmokinAl: 4 Cheese Garlic Alfredo W/Homemade Pancetta (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WOW...just plain WOW! That looks amazing.

Note to self.....I've got to get into "Pancetta/Bacon" making.

"WOW...just plain WOW! That looks amazing"

Thank you for the nice words. Very much appreciated. It was actually one of the absolute easiest meals I've posted here.

Note to self.....I've got to get into "Pancetta/Bacon" making."

Uh oh....looks like we have another convert in our midst :emoji_astonished: Both of those are very easy to make, as are a variety of other artisan cured and aged Italian meats. The bacon is pretty quick to make. The Pancetta however took a long time. Fair warning though...once you start making bacon, there is no turning back. You'll need to resign yourself to making it for the rest of your life. You'll never want to consider store bought bacon again. It is REALLY easy to make so do yourself a favor: when you decide to pull the trigger do two pork bellies, not just one. Only doing one, you'll be out of bacon before the next batch is ready. Things get ugly after that. You go through withdrawal, get uncontrollable shakes, drool down your shirt....assuming you can even remember how to put a shirt on. The stuff is that addictive!!

There are basically 2 ways to go about curing bacon: wet cure and dry cure. @pops6927 has a wet cure method that is apparently very good. I've never used it but a whole lot of folks rave about it. My preference is a dry cure posted by @disco. I absolutely love it and that's what I've gotten several of my friends doing when I helped them get started. Another one from Disco you may want to look at is his Back Bacon. We 'Mericans call it Canadian Bacon and his recipe is simply amazing. A couple you may want to look at also from @Bearcarver are his buckboard Bacon and dried beef. I keep ALL of the aforementioned items on hand at all times and they have become staples around here.

Baiting the hook,
Robert

Drool

I think I could it that on a weekly basis.

Alfredo sauce is my favorite. I thought I made a decent Alfredo sauce. But I think that sauce beats mine up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky