Old saying

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mhein68

Original poster
Jul 4, 2023
I heard this once, but don't remember who " you have to break some health codes for good bbq" my dad's favorite saying " if you want good bbq find the most run down shack. They are spending more for good bbq not the decor".. just thinking about these sitting on the couch.. Thoughts any you've heard??

LOL. Bbq done to temp is no problem, ever. Maybe they are talking about hold temps? Still fine but curious the problem?

"Don't take no wooden nickles" was the advice from my great uncle back in the 70's. Still relevant today.

Reactions: mhein68
Here's what my step dad said to my brother and I growing up when we asked for something.

"Wish in one hand, shit in the other, and see which one comes first".

I tell that to my son, as he always thinks it's Christmas every time we go to the store.

I tell that to my son, as he always thinks it's Christmas every time we go to the store.
My Dad would say " People in hell want ice water "

If you got busted for doing something and blamed it on someone else he would say ,
" Two wrongs don't make a right , but two Wright's made a plane fly "

Me: Dad I want to play football this year.
Dad: You could get hurt playing football.
Me: I could get hurt crossing the street.
Dad: You don't need to cross the street. You live on this side!

Keith

Reactions: mhein68 and gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky