Still remember the old BBQ list days when 9600 baud was fast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh there's a bunch of us who aren't pushing up daisies just yet. Welcome aboard.

Chris

I remember my father designing ways for stores and restaurants to utilize punch cards at IBM. Oh and how about these little fella's.

1697907937084.png

Reactions: SmokinEdge
The biggest change in BBQ I have seen outside of equipment is the use of more exotic, rubs, wraps and injections. Kind of pulls away from BBQ origin where blue, smoke flavor was King in my opinion. Maybe more rightly stated as taking a cheap piece of meat and making it taste good using what you had on hand.

My own personal growth was from smoldering wood chip bullet smokers to wood burners, and now to a pellet grill.

What's this cheap piece of meat you speak of? LOL

Chris
:) In the old days. I remember when I worked at Winn Dixie, the butcher selling a 10 pound bag of chicken wings for 10 cents when he could find someone to buy them.. It was rare to sell ribs or Butts, and never a whole brisket there in FL where I grew up.

We took all the cheap meat poor people bought many years ago and made it expensive seems like. tasty though. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky